Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Thought he was generally good yesterday and it helps he's on the same wavelength as the rest of the team, particularly Trippier. 

Scoring worldies every game was never going to last. 

He's on my list of probably want to upgrade him one day but there's other positions ahead of him for a while yet. 

1 hour ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Thought he was quite poor first half but got better in the second half and created what should've been the first goal chance, his performance has dipped recently but hopefully he can recover it going forward.

I thought he did really well in the first half as well, on another day they're a man down after that challenge on him by Caleta-Car or he rides the challenge and it's either a shot at goal or a pretty easy square to Wilson.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Back to the old Miggy.

I'll be delighted if he can score and assist another 6 for the rest of the season. That purple patch is well and truly over.

To say he's "Back to the old Miggy" is wrong like, he's still been pretty decent recently despite the the lack of goals, his link-up play is light-years to where it was, he is much better with the ball at his feet, and he's much more decisive and knows what he wants to do, and 9/10 he finds his man.

He's also the player who triggers our press so plays a vital role in our team. 

I think the ‘back to his old self’ comments are harsh like, teams are wise to crowding him out now and he’s getting less space. He’ll never have the trickery to beat people out wide and leave them for dead but his hold up play, his ability to cut in and his tracking back means we should be holding onto him. If he gets space on his left he’ll continue to be a threat too 

1 hour ago, 54 said:

To say he's "Back to the old Miggy" is wrong like, he's still been pretty decent recently despite the the lack of goals, his link-up play is light-years to where it was, he is much better with the ball at his feet, and he's much more decisive and knows what he wants to do, and 9/10 he finds his man.

He's also the player who triggers our press so plays a vital role in our team. 

I did expect such reactions once his goals dried up, which they had to inevitably, but you are right, he's still doing the right things, he's still looking to hit spaces aggressively, other than the goals I don't think he's doing much wrong. If Howe wants more from him, could only be that he needs to get himself in scoring positions again, not just spectacular efforts from the edge of the penalty area either, he needs to be attacking the far post when the ball comes in from the other side.