Miguel Almirón

Deuce

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

Think he'd be perfect in a Bielsa team

Agree. Leeds should go all in to get him if we're relegated. Also think Wolves would suit him well if they use him similarly to how Rafa used him.

He can step up for a champions league team for sure. I think he would look good in the Liverpool side because they are set up to play the way that he wants to play - high energy, quick press and lots of movement.

7 minutes ago, triggs said:

He is a Simeone type player but he's not good enough for that level IMO

Aye. IMO unless we go down he’ll do well to find a move as the fee will prohibit non English clubs from his level getting involved. 

Aside from the general shitness of Benitez leaving seeing how Miggy picked up is my annoyance.

These stories in the press about players being unhappy with him, really seems like that’s coming from Bruce, there’s no way any squad member could think anything other than Miggy doing more than anyone to help the team.

Just fucking Cabbage head trying to make a story to deflect attention from the shit job he’s doing.

The club is so poisonous, there’s virtually nothing to be proud of anymore and only 2 or 3 players you can look forward to seeing play. Sooner we go down and the whole lot is set on fire the better.

13 minutes ago, Beth said:

It's not like. He's a mid table PL standard player.

It's bollocks to say that his level of performance has nothing to do with Bruce. Bruce is a moron and everyone in the squad has suffered. Who knows how far Miggy would have come on under a good manager and in a team that played to his strengths? 

Not sure I agree with your conclusion either, separately to the Bruce thing. But I also don't think you can define players by a region within the Premier League table, unless it's at the very top or very bottom. Would Almiron look out of place at Leicester alongside the likes of Perez and Barnes? Or at West Ham with Soucek and Bowen types? One by one going up the table, in which team does Almiron stand out like a sore thumb? He'd be an asset to the vast majority of teams imo. 

Which takes us back to the Bruce thing. It's only because of the idiot that a squad with really talented players like Dubravka, Schär, Fernandez, Hayden, Almiron, ASM, Fraser, Wilson is where it is. 

11 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

These stories in the press about players being unhappy with him, really seems like that’s coming from Bruce, there’s no way any squad member could think anything other than Miggy doing more than anyone to help the team.

Missed that. Really? Fuck me.

57 minutes ago, triggs said:

He is a Simeone type player but he's not good enough for that level IMO

Depends what "that level" is, because levels are, to a limited but clear extent, contextual. We all know players can look completely different in one manager's system than they do in another's, or from one league to another. For example, there were players who came up from the Championship under Rafa who one could easily have been expected to flop when they 'moved up' a level, yet then put in similar or better quality performances than they had before. Look at a player like Patrick Bamford, who has scored and assisted at a much higher rate in the Premier League than he did months earlier in a lower tier.

With a player like Almiron, who has a few obvious qualities, it's more indicative to look at whether he'd suit the type of games he'd play in La Liga and whether he'd fit into Simeone's system. Almiron is quick, can carry the ball forward from deep, can press and recover his position, can pinch in defensively and still close down wide, can combine and make runs to open up space and relieve pressure in a deep block. Those are the sort of qualities that would appeal to a coach like Simeone. He's not a goalscorer but that's not necessarily a priority for Simeone - the first priority is the clean sheet and if that is achieved then all that's needed is a set piece goal or for one of the forwards to convert a chance. If he can pitch in with goals and assists, especially when there's added space on the counter (and he's playing in a team who train very intensely so that they're on each other's wavelength defensively and offensively), then he's doing his job.

It's obviously hypothetical and very unlikely to happen - and I also don't necessarily even disagree with you - but I wouldn't bet against Almiron's ability to perform in Simeone's system. I could see him being a very handy first or second sub.

1 hour ago, Beth said:

It's not like. He's a mid table PL standard player.

I don't think we've seen the best of him, and even if we have, we've never had the players around him to maximise the return. He could be very useful for somebody.

Edit: What ATF said.

Edited by Happinesstan

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

“If it was a player who had consistently fought hard every week and gives 110 per cent with tackles and runs you could have more sympathy for those comments. If it had come from a captain, or a leader at the club, you could take it more easily."

You have to wonder how many times he's actually watched the lad play (if at all). :lol:

11 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

“If it was a player who had consistently fought hard every week and gives 110 per cent with tackles and runs you could have more sympathy for those comments. If it had come from a captain, or a leader at the club, you could take it more easily."

You have to wonder how many times he's actually watched the lad play (if at all). :lol:

That's mental. Just shows how much faith you can put in pundits to have actually watched us play.