Miguel Almirón

Deuce

I still love him. Thought he made a noticeable difference when he came on and I was glad to see him get in an actual left wing position a few times getting to the byline.

I think he's a proper system player so would love to see him under someone like Fonseca. We know now he's never going to be massively cutting edge but he can bring a lot to the team and be very useful for a while as we build.

Even if he's still a bit Bruced, he's vital to us, otherwise we have only ASM who can carry a ball forward which just isn't enough.

Hopefully a competent manager comes in who can get more of a tune out of him though, I'm confident there's a really good player in there who wouldn't look out of place in a top 10 team which would be a massive help to us in the next coupe of years because we've got precious few of them on the books.

29 minutes ago, huss9 said:

miggy just brings a load of energy to our team. also works hard and tracks back.

Apparently Joe also puts a shift in every match...

PL Stats:

Almiron 8 goals and 3 assists in 89 matches

Joelinton 6 goals and 5 assists in 78 matches.

Brilliant stuff.

Just now, huss9 said:

not saying he's brilliant.

we're talking about our team.

he's good enough to start in front of longstaff or fraser, and brings a lot more than joelinton.

Yeah I’m in same boat, not a great fan, but he’s certainly a better option than any of those three.

37 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Apparently Joe also puts a shift in every match...

PL Stats:

Almiron 8 goals and 3 assists in 89 matches

Joelinton 6 goals and 5 assists in 78 matches.

Brilliant stuff.

and joelinton has played up front for the vast majority of those games, so the fact that an average midfielder has similar stats says it all.