Miguel Almirón

Deuce

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don’t know who you are but you seem like a fucking prick. 

He has the distinction of being the first to go into my ignore list on this new forum.

I'm going to go full Britney fan. 

Leave miggy ALONE. 

He is a prince though and I won't have a bad word said about him. I've watched him since he joined MLS and can tell you we haven't even scratched the surface with him. A decent coach and better players and Miggy will be a completely different player. The poor sod has been shoehorned everywhere but his best position on a consistent basis. As far as keeping players in this team, he is top 5 for me every day of of week.

14 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

He's so nervous when he gets the ball, he clearly wants to do well and works hard but he's at Obertan levels of incompetence when he gets the ball, can't score or assist and just runs around aimlessly.

So do we never play him again , he’s wasting a place in the team based on above? Genuine question mate . 

1 minute ago, gazza ladra said:

Layng our problems at the feet of Almirón FFS. So many more pressing issues.

pretty much agree but going forward we MUST find a way to use him in a difficult relegation battle , he can be a “nothing” player and is he what we need in the trenches? Not digging him out btw , he’s the least of our worries, I’m just discussing him on his thread . He’d be in my team .

He's lost playing on the right. He is all left foot but doesn't have the grace or trickery to cut inside ala Salah, Raphina, Greenwood etc.

His game is based on impulse and instinct. 

He is a one man pressing machine and can be effective but only as a 10.

Needs to play in a 4-2-3-1 or could work in Howe's 4-4-1-1 as a 10 in either system.

He needs licence to run beyond the striker. He's never been given that under Bruce. 

Has been poor for past 12 months but other than Wilson and ASM who hasn't? I'm hopeful Howe will get the best out of Miggy.

Was the key to unlocking Newcastle in attack along with Perez and Rondon. His arrival added much needed attacking options along with a solid defence. Sadly a change of manager and suddenly the smile is gone. Mostly the same players and most of them has declined since Rafa left.

Edited by Misa

33 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Simplify his game. He’s got a boat load of pace use him as a transition from defence to attack. He’s not a guy who can thread a needle, he can carry the ball though, use his strengths. It’s sad what has happened to him 

Aye, I think he’s done at this level myself, so badly coached and mismanaged under Bruce like most of them. 

9 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

He's so nervous when he gets the ball, he clearly wants to do well and works hard but he's at Obertan levels of incompetence when he gets the ball, can't score or assist and just runs around aimlessly.

I think this is harsh. Given we've spent most of our time with 30% possession and a focus on defensive shape, this lad has suffered as he hasn't been given the role or the situations to succeed. I'm confident in a more positive and attacking side, and with far better coaching and tactics, that he will start to produce the goods more.

Almiron is one of the least of our issues, but it's noted he's been one of many that's got worse under Bruce tenure, like many of our players have.

He’s a headless chicken, no football nous whatsoever, works hard, has pace, runs around, burnt out/under developed, IMO anyway. He could have and should have been much better!

Edited by HTT II

1 hour ago, hakka said:

I think this is harsh. Given we've spent most of our time with 30% possession and a focus on defensive shape, this lad has suffered as he hasn't been given the role or the situations to succeed. I'm confident in a more positive and attacking side, and with far better coaching and tactics, that he will start to produce the goods more.

Almiron is one of the least of our issues, but it's noted he's been one of many that's got worse under Bruce tenure, like many of our players have.

Totally agree with this, even in a counter attacking team with more players actually getting forward to help I think he would do much better. Saint and Wilson also look pretty average last few games with so little service. I think the main problem with Miggy is he wants to be involved or please the fans so he runs back to help out defence and has too much to do. I think with better instructions he could be much better. Won't be there in a couple of years as not a great player but much better than he had been lately. 

I like him. He grafts his bollocks off, he has good acceleration, whilst not seemingly that quick on the ball and under Rafa towards the end, he was useful.

What frustrates me with him. Is his insistence to have an extra touch or always cut back. Very rare for him to cross, shoot, attempt a forward pass or take on his man. Just ends up being yet another nothing player in this team full of them. 

Probably a bit harsh. Seeing as the entire team is set up to just sit back, not look to retain possession and sporadically press from time to time.  But he seems position-less at the moment. 

We actually looked better when Joelinton came on. Like from a 3 to a 4. But some

improvement, nonetheless. 

• 4 weeks later...

I honestly think he's been dealt such a shit hand. You don't make passes like the one he did for Wilson's second last season if you're a bad technical player. 

Allow him to be part of the front three -especially away from home- and you'll see what we saw in the first six months, a dynamic creator with bags of defensive upside.