Miguel Almirón

Deuce

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Still think he should go central and Linton wide, but we’ll see. He did pretty well and was very unlucky not to score. 

He needs to stay wide. He's the cover for Manquillo. Yes he'd be better attacking wise centrally but I feared for us when he went off and ASM was covering his place. Joe was there too but Almiron works his socks off going bacm and links up well with Manquillo.

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Luque said:

I have no idea which foot is supposed to be his strongest. Honestly looks like he has no idea either. Comes into great finishing positions on either side, but just resorts to shuffling the ball about. No shooting instinct whatsoever.

Thought he had a few tries today 2nd half with his left. One was going in but got blocked.

30 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Still think he should go central and Linton wide, but we’ll see. He did pretty well and was very unlucky not to score. 

Was gonna say the same. Dunno how suited Miggy is as one of those inside forwards/wingers who cuts in. Meanwhile, Joe is doing this wide, combative target man thing so well. Miggy buzzing around causing a nuisance in the middle might be best for the two of them. 

Then again, he grew into the game well today and on another day might have pinched a goal. I'm just glad he's in the team; he's got his flaws and weaknesses and, like so many, suffered terribly from the transition from a real manager to a non-manager - but if we can get him and the other three gelling, we'll win games.

I noticed Howe gave him an extra big hug at the end of the game and Miggy was beaming with happiness. If Eddie wants a forward who'll press high and put the work in, he'll not find much better than Almiron. Howe is just the type of manager who can instil that extra 10% confidence and turn him into a real player. 

Wouldn't be too surprised if he leaves in the summer. Been a bit of a disappointment overall during his time here, imo. Hope he can turn it around and become the player we all want him to be, but I must admit I have my doubts.

Was okay today, mind.

Edited by The Butcher

He's always like this, runs around a lot but with little to no impact, its been said above but that run he made for his chance was a collectors items, for a fast player he hardly ever makes a run that's threatening, and at certain points in the game he looked like a kid playing with adults, towards the end he got better and helped Manquillo out a few times but i'm still really not convinced with him as a player/

A 'kid playing with adults' is a pretty bizarre overstatement in the context of that game.

He was fine. He made tackles, kept the ball moving, made a couple of good runs, forced a decent save and was a block away from maybe sneaking in a goal. Also made some poor decisions in good positions.

My main criticism of him over the last 2 years is that he's become too passive. He too often takes a safe route which is a routine he needs to get out of.

19 minutes ago, Beth said:

You can argue he's been "Bruced" to a degree but I've never been a fan of him and never will be. Theres a lot more to being a footballer than the ability to run around alot.

Yeah but you don't like anything though tbf. 

In most games I watch and go to I pick out a player and watch him , today Miggy caught my attention , in a bad way .

He came across as a nothing player who ran around actually not touching the ball and offering very little.

He had a better second half but his play in general was way below the standard we need , he will struggle to keep his place going forward if this is how he performs.After all though I always feel better if he’s in the team , no idea why , sorry :dontknow:

Disagree.. He showed more attacking intent over that 90 minutes than Fraser or Murphy have.  Watched this on a dodgy stream, but the game highlight reel is all Miggy inthe second half. So, yeah, if we're bringing Dembele or some such, he's way below the standard. But in that position, choosing between  Miggy, Fraser, or Murphy, I'll pick him every time. It's his first start for Howe. Let's see how things look when he's been de-Bruced.

Edited by gazza ladra
Changed strongly disagree to plain disagree

28 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Disagree.. He showed more attacking intent over that 90 minutes than Fraser or Murphy have.  Watched this on a dodgy stream, but the game highlight reel is all Miggy inthe second half. So, yeah, if we're bringing Dembele or some such, he's way below the standard. But in that position, choosing between  Miggy, Fraser, or Murphy, I'll pick him every time. It's his first start for Howe. Let's see how things look when he's been de-Bruced.

Think my finding were based mainly on the first half , as I stated he improved in the second and I have pointed out he was better second half .

To me though overall he’s a disappointing player , when he first came he was a breathe of fresh air , now I’m not sure what he brings ? Just my opinion mate , I’m usually wrong :lol:

It's a strange situation because he can be extremely frustrating to watch and often seems to shoot when he should pass and pass when he should shoot - but - he stretches play and presses incredibly well and the team seems to work better with him in it