Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Been played out of position for the vast majority of his time here but today was when the straw broke the camel's back for me. Backed him for the last year or so but there were times today when he'd take ages to make the most basic of passes. Time to move on.

Aye. He's a #10, always has been and has had his best games for us in terms of output there. But even still, when you can't do the basics against that level of opposition you need to take a step back think maybe the lad just isn't a great footballer. Which he isn't, as it pains me to say.

He's not useless and puts loads of effort in ......... but nothing EVER happens from him.  No assists, no great crosses, no great through balls and certainly no goals.

Guest HTT II

I hate it when just running around like a headless chicken is classed as putting effort in, he does that because he doesn’t have a clue what to do on and off the ball so chases after players and the ball, it’s kids’ type football. He is absolutely useless at creating and scoring which whatever attacking position he’s in he needs to be half decent at and he’s not. He worked well towards the end of Rafa’s time here because he pressed and could get up the field, but even on the ball he was a liability and couldn’t finish for toffee. He’s had his time, time to get rid. 

Considering how tight Ashley is. We have wasted decent money on some bang average crap players in the last few years or so. 

Kind of balanced out with a good few steals and the likes of ASM and Wilson who have contributed. But Almiron, Willock and Joelinton combined cost what? £80m? 

4 minutes ago, Rod said:

He's not useless and puts loads of effort in ......... but nothing EVER happens from him.  No assists, no great crosses, no great through balls and certainly no goals.

Based on him being an offensive player that sounds pretty useless.

There was a time when he looked really good linking up with Perez and Rondon, so is because people around him aren't moving as much? For balance, his decision making and final balls have been woeful this season. Another one who can't kick a ball properly. 

12 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

At this point he's miles behind someone like Murphy. Him and Fraser are equally useless though. 

Agreed. His attitude and work rate is excellent but he’s absolutely powder puff in the final 3rd. He’s never going to score goals and he doesn’t look like creating them either. 

I’ve always had a soft spot for Miggy. I used to think it was in my heart, but increasingly I’ve come to fear that it’s in my brain. Atm, he seems to offer little more than midfield mania, with defensive lapses at one end, mixed with precious little end product at the other.

To be fair to Miggy, I feel that his confidence is shot to pieces, and he’s no Robinson Crusoe there - at least half our squad seem to suffer from that affliction (imo, that’s one reason why we need to be as active as possible throughout this transfer window). I also see no evidence that Howe and his staff have any real idea of how to employ Miggy in what they’re trying to do with the side, and more often than not they just throw him on at the death to chase a goal or to preserve a lead … both of which are equally elusive.

Atm, tbh I’m struggling to see a positive short - never mind medium or long - term future for him at the club. 

11 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Brought on to shore up the left side with 5 minutes to go and we concede with a cross from the fucking left.

To be fair watch their goal, it was well worked and every effort was made to stop it , they just wanted to get that ball in more than us and wanted more than us to get on the end of it .

it was a good goal to be fair 

Just now, GWN said:

To be fair watch their goal, it was well worked and every effort was made to stop it , they just wanted to get that ball in more than us and wanted more than us to get on the end of it .

it was a good goal to be fair 

They play some good stuff in spells Watford, easily a better footballing team than us. 

36 minutes ago, HTT II said:

They play some good stuff in spells Watford, easily a better footballing team than us. 

Very athletic and some decent players on the ball. Not sure why they're not clicking but if they do they could easily pick points up like.

I know Man Utd are shite but Watford looked insane against them in patches before falling to pieces in the games following it.

Edited by Hanshithispantz