Miguel Almirón

Deuce

1 minute ago, Consortium of one said:

I'm utterly baffled by the fact he cannot adapt to any other position/role.

A lot of players have the same problem like James Rodriguez, Oscar, Isco...etc They all have one thing in common, lack of pace and physicality.

Think he'll be off at the end of the season. There's a player in there, seems to have lost his way a bit though. No idea where he fits in this current side though. Within the midfield three? No. As a winger? Dont think hes got the delivery. Perhaps in Willocks role behind the 9? 37 Games for club and country without a goal now like. 

Howe getting the team into a position to press and control the game more like we saw on Tuesday might help Almiron, wouldn't be surprised to see him come into team at some point and help. His pressing and pace could be pretty useful in a team that presses together

I still think he can have a big role to play coming off the bench especially when we are trying to protect a lead, his energy and carrying the ball is made for that role of relieving pressure and giving us time to get back into shape. But the other night Howe brought Murphy on so maybe it’s not the way Howe sees him, quite a niche role as well and if I was Miggy I might want to go elsewhere to start. 

Guest reefatoon
10 minutes ago, Nine said:

I still think he can have a big role to play coming off the bench especially when we are trying to protect a lead, his energy and carrying the ball is made for that role of relieving pressure and giving us time to get back into shape. But the other night Howe brought Murphy on so maybe it’s not the way Howe sees him, quite a niche role as well and if I was Miggy I might want to go elsewhere to start. 

You say that, but he has never done that when he has come on. You just don’t notice him.

Edited by reefatoon

Just now, reefatoon said:

You say that, but he has never done that when he has come on. You just don’t notice him when he comes on.

Under Rafa we saw those kind of attributes exactly, the only difference being he started. 

Yeah, like everyone I think he's pretty sure to be off in the summer. I really like him and want him to do well. He's got quality in him, but don't think he'll make the step up that I hoped he would and don't see a place under Howe, especially as we look to push on if we stay up. Think he'll be a decent player somewhere.

I don’t really think it’s right to say he’s been Bruce’d. He only started scoring and assisting under him and was very good at it around 2020.

I really like him but he needs to be in the right position to have impact, which doesn’t seem to be out wide. His work rate is terrific and he’s quick, but not brilliant technically or reliable enough in front of goal imo. 

Edited by St. Maximin

1 hour ago, Nine said:

Like you suggest, I wondered whether he'd be thrown on the other night to do just that and again like you say, Howe went for Murphy instead. It's one of the few things that makes me believe he'll be moved on.

29 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

Not that money is the biggest problem anymore, but if we manage to get 15-20 million for Almiron and get Raphinha for 50 million it is good business.

If we don't have to pay someone to take him it will be good business

3 minutes ago, Thiago said:

What's the crack with this Mexican stuff then? 

I think HTT made the mistake once, didn't back down and now refers to all of Spanish-speaking Latin America as Mexico. (I'm sure he detailed his criteria for Mexico at some point - e.g. that has to be Spanish Speaking & in Americas).

1 minute ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I think HTT made the mistake once, didn't back down and now refers to all of Spanish-speaking Latin America as Mexico. (I'm sure he detailed his criteria for Mexico at some point - e.g. that has to be Spanish Speaking & in Americas).

Ah. I just assumed he was a tad daft.  Glad to see there's more context.

That said, be a shame to see Miggy go. Good footballer, bad time to be at the football club. If we didn't have Saint-Max and more invested in Willock he'd be starting and doing good things. 

I still like him. I just think he's a bit unlucky in front of goal like he'll hit the post, just hit shots wide, I can remember a few goal line clearances. Was he the one that De Gea made that miraculous save in the 1-1 from? Things like that.