Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Guest reefatoon
7 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

Aye he did. He was very much the missing piece in Rafa's counter attacking strategy and turned us from a team who could grind out results to a team that could thoroughly outplay teams. 

It wasn't a coincidence that our form rocketed after he signed. 

He was even singled out for some rough treatment from the opposition very quickly because of how impact full he was on thr break. 

like I said, he brought balance as we were so one sided, he freed up Perez more and helped that way, but it was never down to him being amazing and more to do with balance brought to the team. He didn’t create or score, but helped by us having an outlet down the other side. He played his part in our upturn but he did it as part of a team and not the reason of the upturn for me. Trippier has been amazing. Almiron has never hit that kind of heights and never will. He seems a likeable lad, just a nothing footballer.

I can't see him being here beyond the summer. He's a player, a bit like Grealish and Coutinho, that needs a team built around him to really see his potential.

As all plans re:transfers and team shape and strategy left with Benitez and only just came back with Howe he's been screwed over by subsequent transfers so we never bought players that would allow us to play a style and shape that would suit him. We're too invested in a system and shape that doesn't suit him to now start signing players that would, added to this he's just not good enough to justify doing this given where the clubs ambitions are. If he stays he'll continue to be a square pig in a round hole. Best for all parties he leave in the summer. You would imagine we could get close to £15 million for him.

Its a little thing but where Bruno got fouled but wasn't given, it annoyed me how he just stood still and didn't try to make a run at all. You could tell Bruno wanted someone to make an option but Almiron was too scared to try actually run in behind. 

10 hours ago, Thiago said:

Feels like Howe has made a statement choosing Murphy over him for the LW role.

Not sure I agreed with that tbh, Almiron is left footed isn't he? Would have made more sense to play him wide left tbh. I know he's not really a winger, but Murphy for me is very much a right winger, and tbh he didn't really have a good game.

He had enough time here to prove that he has some quality but clearly other than running around like a headless chicken he dosn't offer much, we might be able to get a good fee for him this summer but even if we don't we need to make space for better quality players for sure.

Barely got on the ball yesterday but that's alot to do with the fact that by the time he came on all out players were absolutely shot. No one was really trying to venture further than halfway and so he was just left to defend the wings. I agree he probably won't be here next season and I'll not be that bothered tbh. Doesn't seem to fit in with our team anymore, don't think he's technically good enough on the ball.

2 hours ago, Consortium of one said:

I rooted real hard for Miggy but a few things are obvious, he's too one footed and, at this point, his confidence is shot.  For his own sake I think he should be moved on in the summer.

Yeah I'm same - love the guy but he just seems to offer us nothing now. Best all round he leaves and we replace him with a squad player that can contribute.

• 2 weeks later...

Given the number of players we have that have shown such significant improvement since Howe's come in, I'm very surprised to see Almiron hasn't done similar. You would have thought that Howe might've identified him as a player to depend on when walking through the door, given his work rate, but it's not worked out that way.

Quite sad to see a notably smiley character seemingly crushed beyond repair at the hands of Bruce.

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Given the number of players we have that have shown such significant improvement since Howe's come in, I'm very surprised to see Almiron hasn't done similar. You would have thought that Howe might've identified him as a player to depend on when walking through the door, given his work rate, but it's not worked out that way.

Quite sad to see a notably smiley character seemingly crushed beyond repair at the hands of Bruce.

Hard for him to get a game at the moment given the form of the team, Fraser in particular. You'd think he and a few others will get a chance over the next 3 games or so. 

Fair comment, however he's not really shown any particular response to Howe coming in terms of on-pitch output. Given that every player has had equal chance to cement a place in the team, I'd have thought he'd be one of the first to do so, but it's not happened.

3 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Fair comment, however he's not really shown any particular response to Howe coming in terms of on-pitch output. Given that every player has had equal chance to cement a place in the team, I'd have thought he'd be one of the first to do so, but it's not happened.

We'll see. If we had Howe in charge under Ashley I'd be itching to see an improvement in Almiron. As it is, I wouldn't be chewed one bit if he doesn't make the cut. As much as I like him and as much as he tries, I think we'll make an upgrade in the summer. 

Same, I've always had a soft spot for him; he was the supplemental breath of optimism to Rafa, during a time where there was no real reason for any. But it's now probably in both the clubs and his interests to part.

39 minutes ago, Lenny said:

He's just not very good, the room for improvement isn't there. 

Edited by Joey Linton