Miguel Almirón

Deuce

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Hope this lad has a decent game today, whether he stays with us beyond this season or not, he’s a good lad 

Well if you know one thing about Almiron it's that he won't be found wanting for effort. He'll run from the first minute to the last.

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Hope this lad has a decent game today, whether he stays with us beyond this season or not, he’s a good lad 

Same - we've not seen him much under Eddie.  Now is his time to shine.

he’s just not a very good footballer. lacks technique and intelligence. think that volley against Chelsea was the only time he’s struck a ball cleanly!

nice fella, I’m sure. but another one that’s not good enough and will get peddled in the Summer hopefully. interested to see where he ends up.

15 minutes ago, OCK said:

The last few games he's just ran after the ball. I don't know if it's a lack of tactical awareness or an over eagerness to impress, but man. 

It's basically been his job hasn't it?

He's been used as a late sub (exl Chelsea) to help us defend leads mostly.

Edited by Aiston

He won't be here next season, one of the few we have that I don't think Howe will want to keep but also has some sell on value. 10/12m perhaps, a little more with add ons in the end. Better off having Anderson in his spot as he doesn't take up a squad space.

I like Almiron, but he's one of those players who doesn't seem to have a natural position. We've bought a few of those under Ashley.

Rafa obviously had a role for him, and for about 6 months he regularly linked the deep-sitting midfield with our attack and it seemed to finally click for him. But ever since Bruce, he has regressed and never really found a role.

A shame if he goes that he never really broke through, but hope he does well if he does go.

After the initial hope of that second half of the season spurred on by him, I'll always be sad it didn't work out. 

Seems to have a good attitude and will always run his bollocks off for the team but I think it says more about how desperate that Rafa team was for any kind of creative kick up the arse than his own ability.

Even if he got more time in his favoured central position I imagine we'd be discussing who we'd like as his replacement this summer.

Just hope he goes to a situation that favours him. 

Think Miggy will always be one of those players who shines in a non-elite league. Great work-rate, and decent technically. It's his decision making and physicality that let him down. Drop him in the Dutch or Portuguese league where he will get a touch longer before being closed down and I think he'd do well. 

Was really disappointed with him on Sunday, he really seems to have disappeared in games last few times he's come on. He used to be everywhere a year ago, now you can barely tell he's on the pitch.