Miguel Almirón

Deuce

I think he's a touch checked out mentally. He hasn't been embraced into the starting XI like many others with even Jacob Murphy starting over him. It's sad but in reality we've played a role in messing his career up due to Bruce. 

Players coming from MLS are always judged more severely and are seen as some yard stick for the league in its entirety which means the need for a smooth transition is huge.

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

Doesn't score. Doesn't assist. Doesn't create chances. Can't dribble. Weak as piss.

Works hard and can run a wee bit fast.

He's shite. Got nowt to do with Bruce.

It absolutely does.

I appreciate you have a strong opinion on him, but as someone that watched every game he played in MLS, it could have worked for him here, as we saw in those six months under Rafa.

5 hours ago, HTT II said:

He’s just a very very very average footballer, simple as.

Rember saying this last year and getting shit from the majority.  Looks like people are finally catching up.

He's quick enough to literally just knock it past most full backs and out pace them, but he never does ... it's so bloody weird.

Waited till he was just about to be subbed before finally running at a defender, and he showed how effective he could have been at that all game.

At this point I'm totally sick of him tbh. Can't wait for the day our position in the prem is confirmed for next year, and we can start moving some of these folks on.

1 hour ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Not by chance that after 9 games unbeaten we lost the two he starts, get him as far from the team as possible

Bruno started the same two games, and we could have won one against the European champions but for a ref's decision, and we should have won today as well. This is a really sad use of statistics.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve always wanted Miggy to do well purely on enthusiasm. 

However.

He can only go past players with pace, if a defender squares him up he can only go backwards.

He can’t cross a ball with accuracy.

He’s not a natural finisher.

Got a great engine and will run and press for 90 minutes, but a premier league footballer he isn’t.

The only time in the game that he went for the line and  didn't check back he nearly had an assist. He has tremendous pace but he is frightened of losing the ball so just checks back to play it square or backwards, the safe ball. We are so weak down the right flank in attack and defence

On 18/03/2022 at 09:55, Thiago said:

Honestly I'd not be against playing him over Willock at times. I hate Willock's attitude. He's either Yaya Toure or a ghost.

Willock got 2 shots on target and looked a threat from midfield. What more can you ask man? Fraser and Almiron powderpuff and got no shots on target. 

2 hours ago, Outremont said:

Willock got 2 shots on target and looked a threat from midfield. What more can you ask man? Fraser and Almiron powderpuff and got no shots on target. 

Almiron created arguably our best chance...

I also think he looked knackered last night and was a ghost for long periods.