Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Good finish there. Sad fact though is that he is lacking in many key areas to ever be a Premier League footballer and at 27 years old he isn't getting any better either. Think he'll be one of 6 or 7 players moved on this summer.

Edited by Wallsendmag

If his decision making improved 25% he'd be a very productive PL player. He has pace, technique and a decent shot on him but i've seen kids with better decision making at the crucial moments. It looks shittest when he's on the wing, so maybe being played out of position has something to do with it. Shame really, seems like a top lad

It was a nice finish but even then the ball was passed into the net. The lack of any real shooting power is his biggest weakness IMO, he'd score a lot more goals if he could really leather it.

47 minutes ago, huss9 said:

he nearly got the winner at home to manu accept for a worldie from de gea.

I said in the match thread, that's the hardest I've ever seen him strike the ball. It was the exception that proved the rule.

16 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Good finish there. Sad fact though is that he is lacking in many key areas to ever be a Premier League footballer and at 27 years old he isn't getting any better either. Think he'll be one of 6 or 7 players moved on this summer.

Pop him in Southampton and he'd be grand. 

He's had his best games both in terms of output and performance when played in the number 10, where he played for Atlanta. But we've seldom played with one. Bruce went to a 4-4-1-1 just before COVID in 2019-20 and we had a run of games after the restart where he played well and scored a few goals.

Burnley (h) D 0-0

West Brom (a) W 3-2, scored twice, played a key part in our third, Bruce then took him off and that's when we almost fell to bits

Southampton (a) W 1-0, along with Gayle spurned a few chances but was in the right areas

- COVID - 

Sheff Utd (h) W 3-0, can't remember much of this tbh :lol:

Villa (h) D 1-1

Bournemouth (a) W 4-1, scored an unreal goal for 0-3

West Ham (h) D 2-2, scored again, finished off a lovely move for 1-1

Then he was never played in the 10 again until Southampton (h) last season where we won 3-2 and he scored twice and covered loads of ground when we went down to both 10 and 9 men. He shouldn't be played on the wing and if Howe wants to keep this 4-3-3 next season I'd cash in tbh.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

4 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

He's been here 4 years and I've never seen any of it. 8 goals and 3 assists in 108 appearances is shameful for an attacking player. He needs moved on.

He spent two years under Bruce playing pretty much every role but the one he was signed for. If he'd at all played consistently as an attacking midfielder you'd have my agreement. 

Unfortunately for Almiron he had a strong start under Rafa, who knew what he was buying, and then was basically a glorified water carrier for Bruce that was used to make up for the fact he couldn't organise a team so had Almiron chasing around as a box to box midfielder. He's played more games out of position than he has in position, including on the right wing, which he's never been his entire career. At least on the left wing you could say he was fast and should be able to transition. 

https://www.transfermarkt.us/miguel-almiron/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/272999/verein/762

Just look at his numbers. He played 30 games as an ACM and scored nine goals and registered three assists. That's more than fine. I don't mind people saying it hasn't worked for him here or that he doesn't have a future, but the ignorance to the role our club has played in all this by forcing him out of position and not doing anything to accommodate him drives me a bit crazy. Hard working and fast does not equal headless chicken.

10 minutes ago, Thiago said:

He spent two years under Bruce playing pretty much every role but the one he was signed for. If he'd at all played consistently as an attacking midfielder you'd have my agreement. 

Unfortunately for Almiron he had a strong start under Rafa, who knew what he was buying, and then was basically a glorified water carrier for Bruce that was used to make up for the fact he couldn't organise a team so had Almiron chasing around as a box to box midfielder. He's played more games out of position than he has in position, including on the right wing, which he's never been his entire career. At least on the left wing you could say he was fast and should be able to transition. 

https://www.transfermarkt.us/miguel-almiron/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/272999/verein/762

Just look at his numbers. He played 30 games as an ACM and scored nine goals and registered three assists. That's more than fine. I don't mind people saying it hasn't worked for him here or that he doesn't have a future, but the ignorance to the role our club has played in all this by forcing him out of position and not doing anything to accommodate him drives me a bit crazy. Hard working and fast does not equal headless chicken.

Big difference between the MLS and the Premier League though. It's a shame as you can't fault him for effort, but he's just not good enough for where the club want to be. 

6 hours ago, Thiago said:

I don't even think he managed a single goal under Benitez tbh. He just looks out of his depth as a footballer at this level. Looked good in the MLS and playing against weaker opposition for his country but I dont't see any future for him here. At 27 he's probably not got mich improvement in him either.

We won't get our money back for him when we do sell him either.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought he linked up really well with Bruno and played between the lines really well first half. 

Second half not so much but there is a player in there. Whether his future I'd with us I'm not sure.

Bruce's "style" of football literally nullified every attribute this kid has.

He was better on the ball than Fraser usually is. Spotted some nice passes. Always works hard and he is as fit as a flea. Just not really a wide man that will carry the ball or look to get in behind too often.