Miguel Almirón

Deuce

:lol: Imagining 'that's all I'm saying' being said with a wink and a nudge like anyone would be interested at that price. Fair play to his agent, never stop hustling lad. Am I misremembering or didn't he try talking a deal to fruition a few times in the Bruce years too? 

I love Miggy, but £60M?  [emoji38]

He will be on relatively low wages and is well liked, so I think he will probably stay next season, as a squad/impact sub who will work hard.  He is not starting 11 material but one I would probably keep. That said, if a reasonable offer comes in, I am sure he is likely to go as I am sure Howe would make it clear, he is unlikely to be a starter if he stays. 

4 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

I love Miggy, but £60M?  [emoji38]

He will be on relatively low wages and is well liked, so I think he will probably stay next season, as a squad/impact sub who will work hard.  He is not starting 11 material but one I would probably keep. That said, if a reasonable offer comes in, I am sure he is likely to go as I am sure Howe would make it clear, he is unlikely to be a starter if he stays. 

Most internet sites have his salary as £42kpw

10 hours ago, HTT II said:
18 hours ago, elbee909 said:

BBC:

Miguel Almiron's agent insists the 28-year-old Paraguayan forward will not be leaving Newcastle United this summer, with his release clause reportedly set at £60m.

Agent: "Look, definitely won't be leaving, but his release clause is 60m. That's all I'm saying."

Expand  

That will be in Peso

60M Paraguayan Guarani is £7000. Maybe that's what they meant :memelol:

20 hours ago, elbee909 said:

BBC:

Miguel Almiron's agent insists the 28-year-old Paraguayan forward will not be leaving Newcastle United this summer, with his release clause reportedly set at £60m.

Agent: "Look, definitely won't be leaving, but his release clause is 60m. That's all I'm saying."

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

At first, I genuinely hated Almiron's agent, touting his player round to 'bigger' clubs in the press irrespective of how shit Miggy had been.  I think he's fantastic now though - Netflix should give him his own special.  He's a funny bloke

On 27/05/2022 at 16:42, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Grealish is class and will be excellent for them IMO. 

Very few players can take Man City to another level immediately, it’s more about making sure they keep the pipeline going. Maybe Haaland will, but a forward like that is exceptional. 

They’ve also got the young Argentine forward to come in (Alvarez—has been scoring for fun since loaned back to River Plate, apparently). Plays wide or central forward and might be seen as a better option to complement Haaland. I recall Pep stating that Jesus had originally been bought to play alongside Aguero rather than as a replacement/tactical option. 

Guest HTT II

So he does have a left foot. Seems to play better for Mexico than us!  I like the fella, but I think he’s just a run around merchant, zero flair or technical ability on the ball. 

Guest HTT II

I remember when he first joined, such high hopes, he was kind of transformative to our front line along with Rondon under Rafa other than scoring goals. I think he’s a massive confidence player as well, he’ll still give his all but when I’ve watched him in and around the box he seems very hesitant to take on a strike, his man or put a cross in. I think as far as his time here is concerned, he’s ran his course. We could get 10m + for him you’d imagine.

Edited by HTT II

Wonder if Eddie's training has helped Miggy turn the corner.

Would want him to stay ahead of Murphy. I trust Almiron to do what Howe wants of him.

That said, if someone is hoying 15m for him.. 

Guest HTT II

Murphy is more of a direct goal threat, he just needs to stop trying to place his shots more and just smack it. 

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You’re not a direct goal threat if you never finish a chance. 

Direct on goal. Miggy rarely gets into such positions, Murphy does all the time. 

It's a bit galling how many lightweight wide men we've got. Almiron, Fraser, Murphy....can't remember the name of the politician who said it, but seeing them run at you would be like being worried by a sheep.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

It's a bit galling how many lightweight wide men we've got. Almiron, Fraser, Murphy....can't remember the name of the politician who said it, but seeing them run at you would be like being worried by a sheep.

Dennis Healey about Geoffrey Howe "like being savaged by a dead sheep"