Miguel Almirón

Deuce

If he can keep even half of this goal/assist form up consistently it’s a big leap forward in progressing this squad, id imagine his position was one of the priorities to be upgraded for Jan/summer before he turned into the player we have seen since September.

Leaves us much more wiggle room FFP wise to prioritise the next position now we don’t need to use the funds for RW. 

I think the most impressive turnaround in his game isn’t his striking of the ball and goals, that’s obviously incredible but seeing him drive forward with the ball like he did today and has been doing is a world apart from the player he’s been over the last seasons. He wants to take people on whereas he was always running a bit then passing backwards under Bacon. He must feel amazing everyday

It is a bit he can't keep getting away with this meme i still think teams are underestimating us and pushing up in a way they wouldn't against man city or Liverpool, and sorry miggy is better than grealish or nunez lawl (right now)

I'm not saying this is what I want....but if nothing else, a contract extension of 2 years makes absolute sense financially because that keeps his price high for the next season or so if we do want to part ways with him. This is all assuming he continues some essence of the form he's had this season.

I keep thinking this purple patch of his will end, but just looking at his movement and touch, this isn't just a bit of luck for him, having players that can play to his strengths like Bruno makes such a difference. Absolutely love him and his enthusiasm

Edited by wiseman

I keep going back to the clip of the second goal over and over again[emoji38] Anyone else?

That entire move - the crossfield punt to Trippier/Miggy, which immediately triggers Miggy's sprint down the wing; him shrugging off a shirt pull as he cuts in; the absolute speed of the one-two with Bruno which left the defenders flat-footed; the precision of the placement of the ball right inside the post. 

Fucking goosebumps, I've never seen a play that good in all my years watching us. He's Almironaldo at this point.

4 hours ago, Emotic said:

I keep going back to the clip of the second goal over and over again[emoji38] Anyone else?

That entire move - the crossfield punt to Trippier/Miggy, which immediately triggers Miggy's sprint down the wing; him shrugging off a shirt pull as he cuts in; the absolute speed of the one-two with Bruno which left the defenders flat-footed; the precision of the placement of the ball right inside the post. 

Fucking goosebumps, I've never seen a play that good in all my years watching us. He's Almironaldo at this point.

image.thumb.jpeg.561eb202a72a7dbc1db0ddf63589f6ff.jpeg

It's interesting how neutrals are talking about him at the minute. I work in the south with mostly Arsenal and Spurs fans and they all have him in their fantasy team, celebrate when he scores, when I tell them we're winning they ask if Almiron scored etc... The very definition of putting some respect on your name.

He's always on the move, the goal against Leicester, as soon as Tripper receives the ball from Bruno, Miggy is on the move giving Trippier an option.  Once he cuts inside and lays it to Bruno he is again on the move and receiving the ball. 

Such a great player to watch, a classic example of a player having all the ability but being held back by managers and players around him not seeing his movement or his ability.  

1 minute ago, Northerngimp said:

He's always on the move, the goal against Leicester, as soon as Tripper receives the ball from Bruno, Miggy is on the move giving Trippier an option.  Once he cuts inside and lays it to Bruno he is again on the move and receiving the ball. 

Such a great player to watch, a classic example of a player having all the ability but being held back by managers and players around him not seeing his movement or his ability.  

Trippier clearly tells him to fuck off out of his space, btw :lol: