Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Rafa seems to rate him, good enough for me. And the fact that if it happens, a deal for that kind of money that is, it must surely be Rafa finally getting one of his top choices.

Maybe but I still say the money being quoted for him is just stupid for a player playing at that level.

Seems a lot of money is wanted for a player plying his trade in a pretty poor standard league - and apart from Dempsey (excluding goalkeepers) none have been a big hit especially for that kind of money.

McBride was good.

He was ok but wouldn't say a big success 1 in 4 striker

Another scenario: he turns out to be absolute crap, and Ashley never, ever spends that kind of money on a player again, and blames Rafa on top.

I honestly don't think Ashley would pay what is being quoted. If the fee was about 10 - 15 million he would see the potential sell on value but at 24 - 30 million possibly just can't see him doing it - to big a risk for fat cunt. Mind I can't see him spending miuch full stop anyway.

Say the rumours of the sale are true, there is no way we're spending over £20m on anyone.

Say the rumours of the sale aren't true, there is no way we're spending over £20m on anyone.

Agreed

Rafa seems to rate him, good enough for me. And the fact that if it happens, a deal for that kind of money that is, it must surely be Rafa finally getting one of his top choices.

Maybe but I still say the money being quoted for him is just stupid for a player playing at that level.

In a footballing world where Leicester reject bids of £25m for Demarai Gray, I don't what prices are stupid now tbh.

I do think you’re slightly undervaluing MLS.

In a footballing world where Leicester reject bids of £25m for Demarai Gray, I don't what prices are stupid now tbh.

All prices nowadays are stupid I agree and very rarely get a bargain - but being quoted for 24 - 30 million for a player within a pretty poor standard is too much of a risk at that price plus no chance the fat man will pay for that either.

What standard would you say it is - maybe championship at best possibly lower?

Guest firetotheworks

Seems a lot of money is wanted for a player plying his trade in a pretty poor standard league - and apart from Dempsey (excluding goalkeepers) none have been a big hit especially for that kind of money.

McBride was good.

As was Landon Donovan for the brief time he was here.

I believe the best MLS teams could compete in the Champo.

I believe the best MLS teams could compete in the Champo.

Yeah I wouldn't argue with you there

McBride was good.

Claudio Reyna’s time was cut short by injuries but he clearly had what it took to play in the PL. Same with Stu Holden.

Geoff Cameron was a competent defender for Stoke for a few years.

I’ll go to the grave defending Yedlin as a PL-quality fullback.

There really haven’t been a ton of players to make the jump from MLS tbh

It is of course lower than the Championship, which is a powerful league flush with funds at this point, but there is talent that can be acquired there. Outside of the top four or five leagues in Europe, you will not find players that are consistently playing against a high level, at least not compared to the standard in England. Everywhere else is generally very stratified with a fairly shallow pool of talent.

With the DP rules (2 or 3 players on each club with wages comparable to the upper echelons of Europe) and the crisp American dollars (along with accompanying American lifestyle), it is not difficult to attract very good players to MLS, especially young players from Latin America, such as Almiron. I believe there are a good number of players currently in MLS that could make the jump to a stronger league, but as mentioned above, the league is funny about selling its players and the ones from smaller nations will struggle for work permits if we are talking about England.

McBride was good.

Claudio Reyna’s time was cut short by injuries but he clearly had what it took to play in the PL. Same with Stu Holden.

Thing is they were ok the names being mentioned but not a massive success which when your paying the reported 24 - 30 million for is what would be required

McBride was good.

Thing is they were ok the names being mentioned but not a massive success which when your paying the reported 24 - 30 million for is what would be required

Only for Newcastle, if we are being honest, though. This club's competitors are spending 20+ million on reserves and young players. Leicester spent 75% of Newcastle's transfer record for a 25 year old that would exclusively be their reserve keeper.

McBride was good.

Only for Newcastle, if we are being honest, though. This club's competitors are spending 20+ million on reserves and young players. Leicester spent 75% of Newcastle's transfer record for a 25 year old that would exclusively be their reserve keeper.

Wouldn't argue with you there it is where we are