Anthem

Peppe

Didn't see a thread on this. It's Bioware's new game. Seems pretty cool. It's also EA though, so, there's that....

Hoping theres no thread on this as this is my first ever start of a new topic (I believe) 😁

Didn't know there was a beta sign-up. I had to send my ps4 away for service though so if the beta is right now I couldn't play anyway 😞

I won't be pre-ordering no EA game, that's for sure 😊

when is it out? I'm mildly curious about it but would depend on how much you can get done on your own

The 22nd of February I believe. They've said that you can play it alone if you want to but I'm not sure if that includes end game stuff too (like dungeons and raids).

• 4 weeks later...

I just want to find out if it's fun or not tbh :lol:

Going off this it definitely looks fun, actually want to play it for myself now. Would say the game will live or die based on the quality of missions based on that footage as the core gameplay looks really fun.

Going off this it definitely looks fun, actually want to play it for myself now. Would say the game will live or die based on the quality of missions based on that footage as the core gameplay looks really fun.

:lol: Seriously though, you haven't played that exact game multiple times already?

I've been a Destiny addict for 4 years and I can't help but see the parallels. I'm hoping that a lack of PvP will allow them to make a deeper, more engaging RPG, but I'm not holding my breath.

Still buying it. :lol:

:lol: Seriously though, you haven't played that exact game multiple times already?

:lol: Obviously the idea of a loot based shared world co-op shooter isn't new, but from what i've seen there's aspects to this which make it fresh to me compared to say Destiny or Division for example.

Those games are about looting for Weapons or Gear where as this seems more about the abilities and the different builds. Like i said i think the games success will depend on how good the missions are, if it sucks and isn't engaging to go through then it will fall on it's ass.

Also i'm desperate for co-op experiences in a generation of games which doesn't offer them much, it's why i'm desperate for a new Borderlands for example so i admit this type of game is very easy to hook me in.

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen this pop up from a good number of places at around £32 on pre-order (for those people who still pre-order, given everything that's happened, in 2019  :yao:).

Flying around in that suit (whatever ridiculous name they gave it) looks cool but... not a good sign to have £20 or so lopped off before it's even out, no?

I've seen this pop up from a good number of places at around £32 on pre-order (for those people who still pre-order, given everything that's happened, in 2019  :yao:).

Flying around in that suit (whatever ridiculous name they gave it) looks cool but... not a good sign to have £20 or so lopped off before it's even out, no?

Regretting not jumping on one of these offers. Impressions of the demo seem positive, and I've had a quick look and most places are now touting it at £50.

It's not bad. Much more Diablo than Destiny, in terms of gear and grinding for said gear. Looking forward to just being able to play it and work towards a good build. The feel of combining the flying with the abilities is excellent. Some serious Ironman vibes when it all comes off.

It's not bad. Much more Diablo than Destiny, in terms of gear and grinding for said gear. Looking forward to just being able to play it and work towards a good build. The feel of combining the flying with the abilities is excellent. Some serious Ironman vibes when it all comes off.

A big grind to be competitive you reckon? Tempted to buy but don't have the time to grind.

A big grind to be competitive you reckon? Tempted to buy but don't have the time to grind.

Well, there's no PvP, so it's only a grind to get better gear and do harder stuff. No idea what the endgame stuff will look like, but if I had to guess, I'd say it'll be light on actual content for the first few months. The counter to that is the fact that it should have a hefty Bioware story to work through.

Finally got into a mission and it was the laggiest/buggiest thing I've ever played. What a cluster fuck.

There's no excuse for it. They had the same problems last week when it was a private demo. You can't then release to everyone without fixing those issues.