Newcastle United 0-0 Fulham - 22/12/2018 - post match discussion from page 9

Greg

Guest neesy111

We're so one dimensional. Crosses into the box for Rondon . No sustained build up play, no breaking at pace. Completely lacking in quality going forward.

At home we are very predictable.

Guest firetotheworks

Diame is up there with Kante at breaking up play like

No :lol:

Triggs is right tbf, the stats back it up.

Ok jokers.

I'm not sure how it's a joke, when he's literally the best combined interceptor and tackler in the Premier League in 2018 like. It doesn't mean anyone thinks he's as good as Kante man. :lol:

Haven't seen that stat but my first question would be: "The best or the one with most"?

The most, he's ahead of everyone in numbers. No one said he was the best.

Well ok, I'll give you that numbers wise he's up there with Kante in breaking play but hardly in the ability to do so. Just happens to play in a team that usually has 30% posession. Not sure that's a very relevant statistic to anything. Like making most saves would make you the best at saving shots.

To clarify when someone says "up there with x in x" I didnt realise we're talking the number of times these players do it

It's probably open to interpretation, I just assumed that triggs wasn't being daft. :lol:

I'd also be a bit surprised if Kante was "up there" in total tackles or interceptions. Which makes the comparison weirder.

He's 2nd. Or at least he was the other week when they showed the stat with Diame top.

Interesting. He's 50th on total tackles and 52nd in interceptions in 2018/19 on whoscored.

It was on Sky, taken from Opta iirc. Seems weird.

Ok jokers.

I'm not sure how it's a joke, when he's literally the best combined interceptor and tackler in the Premier League in 2018 like. It doesn't mean anyone thinks he's as good as Kante man. :lol:

Haven't seen that stat but my first question would be: "The best or the one with most"?

Well ok, I'll give you that numbers wise he's up there with Kante in breaking play but hardly in the ability to do so. Just happens to play in a team that usually has 30% posession. Not sure that's a very relevant statistic to anything. Like making most saves would make you the best at saving shots.

To clarify when someone says "up there with x in x" I didnt realise we're talking the number of times these players do it

It's probably open to interpretation, I just assumed that triggs wasn't being daft. :lol:

I'd also be a bit surprised if Kante was "up there" in total tackles or interceptions. Which makes the comparison weirder.

He's 2nd. Or at least he was the other week when they showed the stat with Diame top.

Interesting. He's 50th on total tackles and 52nd in interceptions in 2018/19 on whoscored.

I take this one isnt the same stat (no interceptions):

Guest firetotheworks

Ok jokers.

I take this one isnt the same stat (no interceptions):

Nah it was a combination of both together iirc.