Liverpool vs Newcastle United - 26/12/2018 @ 15:00 - No UK TV

ToonArmy1892

Guest reefatoon

We will park the bus, get beat only 1 or 2 nil and get in their half the same amount of times. But we will keep the goal difference down, which is what we all enjoy. The beautiful game.

The fact we’ve got to play fucking Hayden says it all about this squad.

We don't HAVE to play Hayden.

We could play Longstaff instead or tinker a bit and play both Perez and Muto.

I can't see anything other than a defeat, but I still think we'll be compact and competitive.

We will park the bus, get beat only 1 or 2 nil and get in their half the same amount of times. But we will keep the goal difference down, which is what we all enjoy. The beautiful game.

This. Anti-football from us for 90 minutes.

Guest reefatoon

:lol: It's so much more fun when our basically rubbish team opens up against the very best sides in the league/world and get utterly annihilated.

Don’t know yet, we have never tried. Could be fun like.

Most of our more expensive players dont get games so it'll be a little bit worse than that.

Usually the type of game Rafa likes to use Murphy in

Then drop him from the squad the game after. The likes of Murphy should be getting a game, especially when Ritchie is doing nowt. Muto should start too in my opinion.

Most of our more expensive players dont get games so it'll be a little bit worse than that.

Then drop him from the squad the game after. The likes of Murphy should be getting a game, especially when Ritchie is doing nowt. Muto should start too in my opinion.

Why?

A back 5 with Dummett and Yedlin as wingbacks.

Diame and Hayden in central midfield.

Murphy, Kenedy and Muto as a front 3. Murphy because these are the only games he ever plays, Kenedy because he didn't start on Saturday. Could easily be Atsu or Perez in there but it barely matters.

Similar set up to the Everton game where we used pacey forward players to exploit their overly zealous fullbacks. Think Rondon will get a rest here and Muto will get a run seeing as he's off soon. We'll essentially have a back 7 and Liverpool will have one eye on Arsenal 3 days later, so they might take it easy once it goes 2 or 3-0.

Why?

Because Ritchie is doing absolutely nothing. Why Not?

I want to say 8-0, it'd be in Rafa's interests from a chance of getting some investment perspective. But cause he's so damn honourable, I think we'll lose 3-0 and just be outclassed. 80%+ possession to Liverpool.

A back 5 with Dummett and Yedlin as wingbacks.

Diame and Hayden in central midfield.

Murphy, Kenedy and Muto as a front 3. Murphy because these are the only games he ever plays, Kenedy because he didn't start on Saturday. Could easily be Atsu or Perez in there but it barely matters.

Similar set up to the Everton game where we used pacey forward players to exploit their overly zealous fullbacks. Think Rondon will get a rest here and Muto will get a run seeing as he's off soon. We'll essentially have a back 7 and Liverpool will have one eye on Arsenal 3 days later, so they might take it easy once it goes 2 or 3-0.

Can’t see Rondon missing this game - without him as a target we’d be looking at 15% possession instead of maybe 20+% with Rondon.

Dummett as WB is not a good option - a shit Ritchie or shit Kenedy is going to offer more than Dummett in a more advanced role. But they’re all shit options and no doubt if Salah is cutting in from that side we’ll be suitably spanked.