Your Games of 2018

Guest firetotheworks

Guest firetotheworks

These are always good as a resource.

What are the best games you've played in 2018? They don't need to be games released in 2018.

My list's very short this year, mainly due to the dominance of PES 2018.

PES 2018

This War of Mine

Forza 4 Horizon

Hollow Knight

I couldn't get into RDR 2 due to the realism to a fault stuff that massively got in the way of my enjoyment of it.

Haven't played many games this year tbh.

Battlefield 1 - I enjoyed it tbh despite it not being as good as 4. Really liked the aesthetics of it, think they nailed to harrowing and grey aspect for war, particularly WWI combat well.

Total War Rome II: Replayed this only very recently, completely unaware of all the changes they've made to it and its good now, like. It should've been like what it is now instead of the shambles it was at launch 5 years ago.

That's it. What a tragic list for one who counts himself as an avid gamer. :lol: Need to pick up some new games asap. RDR2 and BO4 are on my list atm. Going to leave BFV until most of the content is actually out.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate - Absolutely huge game in there. I just really enjoy the fact that it's very casual and allows you pick up, play a quick round and drop out again. So much nostalgia going on too.

Insurgency: Sandstorm - Along with the next one this is by far the best FPS of the year. Coop mode is massively impressive and will keep getting better as they add to it.

Post Scriptum - The other best FPS of the year. Just more brutal and a much steeper learning curve. Won't be for most people but if you 'get it' there's a lot to love.

PES 2019 - Much more finely balanced than the last few years. Nice little tweaks make it much more playable and keep me going back.

Starcraft II - Still nothing comes close in RTS games. Massive single player with four campaigns, continually reworked multiplayer and the two player coop is utterly incredible.

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

How long you being playing WoW thomas? Looking forward to Classic?

2004/Vanilla.

Nostalgia is a motherfucker tbh and I don't really trust or want classic vanilla. I _might_ go in on a WOTLK classic server as I consider that more Peak Wow than vanilla ever was.

Xcom 2, warhammer 40k santus reach/mechanicus, just cause 4, state of decay 2, ,momstrum, little nightmares to name a few with a special shoutout to madmax

Dunno if it still is but subnautica is free on epic games

Merry new years buds Steam id Gunther Kruger  O0

These are always good as a resource.

What are the best games you've played in 2018? They don't need to be games released in 2018.

My list's very short this year, mainly due to the dominance of PES 2018.

PES 2018

This War of Mine

Forza 4 Horizon

Hollow Knight

I couldn't get into RDR 2 due to the realism to a fault stuff that massively got in the way of my enjoyment of it.

Is amazing

For games released this year:

Celeste

Return of the Obra Dinn

Rimworld

Smash Ultimate

Into The Breach

Hitman 2

Dead Cells

Wandersong

Frostpunk

Pillars 2

Probably in that order, best to least best.

That game looks boss. Looks depressing though

It can be.... make the wrong choise and your survivor gets badly wounded it affects the others god forbid the survivor dies, cant find food or useful stuff or find evil sods or even kill the oaps in their frontroom (yea i did :( ) affect you and the homebase. on the flip side helping people finding loot or extra survivors food "smelly rollups :D" and thats about 1/20th  of the game

Its set during the bosnian war (sarijavo i suspect) you play civvys just trying to survive excellent game and they have added more cheep dlc a editor ect... And for £4.50 is a steal

Game 8/10

Hit the feeling 10/10

Just my thoughts guys :)

Guest firetotheworks

Haven't even heard of This War of Mine. Looks class.

That game looks boss. Looks depressing though

^This is essentially it. It's a very good game.

Guest firetotheworks

I felt absolutely terrible for doing it, but it's definitely a complement to the game for putting me in that position imo. :lol: Agree though, I stopped playing it ages ago because it was too much, even my gf asked me to stop playing because the music was making her unhappy. :lol:

:lol: That game is massively bleak. It's really good but avoid, man. Robbing the elderly couple and the husband is all "Please don't hurt my wife!" that shit, man. God damn.

My first play through he said that to me....

i blatted them both. i got back to base with all me stolen gooies and what happened next broke my heart

never did that again

I felt absolutely terrible for doing it, but it's definitely a complement to the game for putting me in that position imo. :lol: Agree though, I stopped playing it ages ago because it was too much, even my gf asked me to stop playing because the music was making her unhappy. :lol:

:lol: It's fucking unbearably sad.