Newcastle United v Cardiff City (19/01/19 @ 3pm) - No UK TV

Disco

He would fit in well at West Ham, for many reasons.

That's where my mate is adamant he's going. Reckons his dad and brother have said it's a done deal.

Personally i think that's just where they want him to go because that's who they support and where they live and think he's staying put.

Sala having his medical now.

Needs registered and signed before 12pm to get into squad, anyhoo bench at best surely?

The things we cling to  :sad:

Diame and Lascelles both in the training pics :thup: No sign of Shelvey..

My mate is adamant that shelvey is leaving this month.

That’s what I’ve heard also. They’re all for sale for the right price but Shelvey hasn’t even been getting a sniff when he is fit.

I wouldn’t miss him to be honest. Great passer but he doesn’t boss a midfield at all, except on a blue moon like he did against Man Utd last season.

Never looks like scoring despite having all the tools to do so regularly. Just something missing from the lad (apart from brain cells)

Shelvey was one of the key reasons we did as well as we did last season. We have absolutely zero creativity in the side when he doesn't play and seeing as it looks like we're not getting any new players any time soon, he'd be the first name on the team sheet every game for me.

Midfield 3 of Shelvey and Ki with Diame sitting behind them and we might actually have a chance of competing in midfield with some teams. If Rafa wants to go ultra cautious and cover Shelvey's lack of tracking, play Diame and Hayden/Schar in holding roles and let Shelvey play further forward. We can't afford to have a player with his ability sat on the bench when the alternatives are so ordinary.

That’s what I’ve heard also. They’re all for sale for the right price but Shelvey hasn’t even been getting a sniff when he is fit.

I wouldn’t miss him to be honest. Great passer but he doesn’t boss a midfield at all, except on a blue moon like he did against Man Utd last season.

Never looks like scoring despite having all the tools to do so regularly. Just something missing from the lad (apart from brain cells)

I'd agree if there was any chance of replacing him or had enough CMs to mitigate the loss.

Anyone got a take on the probable team.

Dubravka

Yedlin  Lascelles  Lejeune  Manquillo

Hayden  Diame

Atsu    Perez    Kenedy

Rondon

Would be surprised to see Rafa go 3/5 at the back at home in a game like this, and that team is about as close as he can get to the one that finished last season so strongly.

The only reason I've left Ritchie out is because he's played a huge amount of minutes lately and Atsu/Kenedy will be fresh. Think Lejune gets the nod anyway, but it helps his case that Fernandez and Schar played the full 120 on Tuesday. Wouldn't  be surprised to see Fernandez in for Lascelles after his behaviour at Blackburn, though.

:yikes:

Shelvey was one of the key reasons we did as well as we did last season. We have absolutely zero creativity in the side when he doesn't play and seeing as it looks like we're not getting any new players any time soon, he'd be the first name on the team sheet every game for me.

Midfield 3 of Shelvey and Ki with Diame sitting behind them and we might actually have a chance of competing in midfield with some teams. If Rafa wants to go ultra cautious and cover Shelvey's lack of tracking, play Diame and Hayden/Schar in holding roles and let Shelvey play further forward. We can't afford to have a player with his ability sat on the bench when the alternatives are so ordinary.

I’m struggling to remember when he last turned a game for us, we look infinitely better with Ki in his place.

I once thought we couldn’t do without him, now I’m glad when he doesn’t play, that said because Ki is away we need need him now but not in the future, if we have one.

Dubravka

Hayden  Diame

Atsu    Perez    Kenedy

Rondon

Would be surprised to see Rafa go 3/5 at the back at home in a game like this, and that team is about as close as he can get to the one that finished last season so strongly.

The only reason I've left Ritchie out is because he's played a huge amount of minutes lately and Atsu/Kenedy will be fresh. Think Lejune gets the nod anyway, but it helps his case that Fernandez and Schar played the full 120 on Tuesday. Wouldn't  be surprised to see Fernandez in for Lascelles after his behaviour at Blackburn, though.

That is lifting

I’m struggling to remember when he last turned a game for us, we look infinitely better with Ki in his place.

I once thought we couldn’t do without him, now I’m glad when he doesn’t play, that said because Ki is away we need need him now but not in the future, if we have one.

Was it the last PL game he came on with his 3rd touch hit a perfect through ball for Perez to run onto?

Our biggest problem is we don't have players to finish off the quality he provides. At least when Gayle was here Shelvey had a willing runner with the strength to retain possession. With our current forward options we're gutless.

Shelvey's passing is world class. I'm not saying he's world class by any stretch but that one attribute of his game is. We struggle to hold onto possession, struggle to create and have absolutely zero chance of unlocking a PL defence without him in the side. How many of our goals have come from set pieces this season?

Ki has looked excellent but he doesn't give us what Shelvey can in terms of creativity.

Was it the last PL game he came on with his 3rd touch hit a perfect through ball for Perez to run onto?

Our biggest problem is we don't have players to finish off the quality he provides. At least when Gayle was here Shelvey had a willing runner with the strength to retain possession. With our current forward options we're gutless.

Shelvey's passing is world class. I'm not saying he's world class by any stretch but that one attribute of his game is. We struggle to hold onto possession, struggle to create and have absolutely zero chance of unlocking a PL defence without him in the side. How many of our goals have come from set pieces this season?

Ki has looked excellent but he doesn't give us what Shelvey can in terms of creativity.

Again though under Ashley's nufc what's the point in any of that?

Yet Rafa disagree with you.i get the points but no, he’s not on it enough for me and Rafa.

I'm really sick of everyone elses mates and lads at work.  :lol:

Well he’s a professional footballer so i’m assuming he mixes in the same circles.

Dubravka

Hayden  Diame

Atsu    Perez    Kenedy

Rondon

That is lifting

Don't necessarily disagree, but it's only Dummett, Ritchie, and Shelvey missing from our "best" XI of last season. Rondon arguably a significant upgrade on Gayle, too.