Newcastle United v Watford (26/01/19 @ 3pm) FA cup 4th Round

morla84

There's Arsenal and Man U playing full strength teams despite being battling on several fronts. Surely Watford will be going full strength? If you don't when your 7th in the league you may as well not enter!

Proper bugbearer of mine teams messing about in the FA cup, I love it it's a fantastic competition. Get the semis back at old Trafford and villa park and the whole thing on BBC

There's Arsenal and Man U playing full strength teams despite being battling on several fronts. Surely Watford will be going full strength? If you don't when your 7th in the league you may as well not enter!

Proper bugbearer of mine teams messing about in the FA cup, I love it it's a fantastic competition. Get the semis back at old Trafford and villa park and the whole thing on BBC

Agreed, cant stand bugbearers

Rumours are Watford are going to make big changes. I can’t see why they would, maybe they feel like they stand a decent chance of getting into Europe?

Thought it was interesting that Rafa said Sterry wasn't in the squad. Presumably that'll mean Manquillo at right back/wing back and Ritchie or Kenedy on the left. Either way, I'm expecting loads of changes.

Personally I would play more or less full strength here. If we play Rondon against Man City he'll be up front on his own by about 40 yards, assuming he won't play all three games this week I'd say it makes more sense to play him tomorrow and then against Spurs. Besides, if we lose this we'll probably lose three games in a week.

There's 7 non-Premier League teams guaranteed to be in the last 16 so nearly a 50/50 chance of playing a non-Premier League side for a quarter final spot. I know, I know. But it did Sunderland no harm under Poyet to go on a couple of cup runs and it ultimately spurred them on to safety. We can't possibly be tired after our one cup game in the first half of the season so I don't buy that as an excuse. The FA cup games are on a weekend as normal, last year we got so bored we went and played a friendly in Belgium and ended up playing Spurs on a Wednesday night anyway.

If we get relegated it won't be because we play a couple of extra cup games. Besides, if Rafa's going at the end of the season it would be nice if his last game is at Wembley - and I don't mean Spurs away.

I think we should go strong but Arsenal and Man Utd have strength in depth we can only dream of, still hope we go for it.

Watford probably feel that their second string can beat us.

Why on earth would Watford play a second string team!? I'm not saying they won't as I don't even recognise football these days but I can't see any reason why they should

I think that's to do with teams buying decent squad players as well as a good first team pool of 15/16 odd in a squad of 25. When you used to have a lot of youngsters as back up, now it's back ups who cost £10m +, i guess managers feel they have to give those back up players games.

Having decent back up players is a concept that us as Newcastle fans are alien to  :lol:

:lol:

World class manager changes team selection plans because a player is on the front of the match day programme! :lol:

He probably will start, but not because he's on the programme which will have been designed over the last week and sent to the printers a day or two ago.

Woodman may be likely to start as he is on the program

Said earlier, I think him and Joselu are the definates. Can see Kenedy and even an argument for Diame starting to gain fitness for league games.

No no no man why!? No need for it at all, no need for anything than playing the best 11 and just getting through to the 5th round for once and the first time since 2000 and fucking 6!

Other than the 2 manure games the FA cup is the only  time I've been bothered about the result all season

Woodman may be likely to start as he is on the program

Said earlier, I think him and Joselu are the definates. Can see Kenedy and even an argument for Diame starting to gain fitness for league games.

No no no man why!? No need for it at all, no need for anything than playing the best 11 and just getting through to the 5th round for once and the first time since 2000 and fucking 6!

Other than the 2 manure games the FA cup is the only  time I've been bothered about the result all season

I agree for what it's worth. Unfortunately those that make decisions don't.