Brexit: UK and EU agree post-Brexit trade deal

Guest chicken little

Apparently some airports are directing Brits to the non-EU queue.

yeah, but not schiphol. you can even see in the top-left corner of the photo where they've added a british flag to the eu/swiss/etc. ones.

When I arrived in Cyprus this week our plane from Edinburgh was the only one that had just landed so they were dividing people between the 2 queues as they usually do, to divide the workload evenly between the available kiosks - there were several people steadfastly refused to go into the non-EU queue "we're still in the EU, it says EU on my passport" etc.

Going to be some real fun and games for airport staff in the months and years ahead.

yeah, but not schiphol. you can even see in the top-left corner of the photo where they've added a british flag to the eu/swiss/etc. ones.

Someone in the comments said they were doing a trial run.

Someone in the comments said they were doing a trial run.

Yeah one of mates was coming through Frankfurt and was told to go to the non-Eu queue. He mentioned the end of this year thing and was basically told ‘tough, you left’

Airports are the least of my concerns, I can’t say I’ve ever noticed the EU line being particularly short or quick.

I’ve been home a few times on emirates from Perth via Dubai at the beginning of July. It landed the same time as some of the easyjet Spain flights. Two of those cleared customs/immigration and there was still a third of the emirates flight left. Both times

In recent years I’ve mainly travelled to America and Europe, in America there’s always massive queues everywhere you look because their airports are spectacularly shit, and in European flights most travellers are European so the EU line tends to be large. I suppose we shall see what happens