If Sunderland got to Europe......(and that's a big IF!!!!!)

Guest nufc_geordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest nufc_geordie

This is a regular argument that I have with a couple of mates who think I am mad. If Sunderland were to qualify for European competition I would genuinely hope that they won their games unless they played other British opposition. Within our borders domestically I despise them and hope they lose, but in Europe I feel each club represents the domestic league. I know I would still support Scottish teams against them, but in general I would like them to beat any other nationality teams.

At the end of the day all clubs in Europe earn points for their national association which in turn accumulates to places allocated in each European competition so the more points we get, the more teams can compete in Europe.

Well, clearly I'd very much like to see them win. I think it would be marvellous for everyone in Tyneside to have the chance to share in the joy of Sunderland lifting a European trophy. It's what every self-respecting geordie would say, isn't it?