How good are the latest A*senal kids??

Martin Lol

We'll be finding out tonight in the Carling Cup away to Liverpool.  The squad is:

Kolo Toure

Philippe Senderos

Tomas Rosicky

Julio Baptista

Lauren

Denilson

Alexandre Song

Mart Poom

Manuel Almunia

Jeremie Aliadiere

Justin Hoyte

Theo Walcott

Armand Traore

Joseph O’Cearuill

Fran Merida

Mark Randall

Some there that are hugely rated.

Would love to see us go for Lauren in the summer.

He's been out for almost all of 2006, and has seriously lost his place in the side. There's Eboue and then there's also Justin Hoyte and Kerrea Gilbert. Lauren is just what we need. He's experienced and is hard as nails.

Guest nufc_geordie
Kolo Toure

Very athletic, very solid, one of the better defenders around.

Philippe Senderos

Still young and learning his trade but has ability for certain, jury is still out on his odd Bramblesque mistakes.

Tomas Rosicky

Been there, seen it and done it both for Dortmund and Czech Republic. I have no doubts he will be a star in the premiership, he just needs time to settle.

Julio Baptista

A one man team for Seville I think before Real bought him, but didn't really fit in with the superstar culture there. Very strong but I'm yet to see much else to be honest.

Lauren

Top quality right back, would love to see him in black and white after he has fell behine eboue at Arsenal.

Denilson

Has been rave reviews about this youngster but can't comment as I have never seen him play.

Alexandre Song

Has looked tidy in the defensive midfield role in games that I have seen him.

Mart Poom

An experienced, very ugly looking goalkeeper. Think that may have been one of his strengths to put the opposition strikers off!

Manuel Almunia

A decent understudy to Lehmann but prone to the odd mistake.

Jeremie Aliadiere

I quite like Aliadiere as a player, quick, direct and scores goals. Needs more games at the top level.

Justin Hoyte

Learnt the humility side of his game at Scumberland last season. Doesn't seem to have affected his confidence. A good up and coming full back.

Theo Walcott

Has done nothing at all wrong since he has been at Arsenal and has done OK at the very least in the games he has been given. Much more to come from him I think.

Armand Traore

Joseph O’Cearuill

Fran Merida

Mark Randall

Never heard of this lot!!!

presumably Song and Traore have some famous older brothers?

I think Alex Song is the cousin of Rigobert.

Obviously Traore is no relation to Djimi otherwise Arsenal wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

Armand Traore is excellent ...great left back / left wingback prospect for the future

Shame we wont be seeing Paul Rodgers who is a great prospect on the other side of defense...but oh well hopefully armand gets a game....

Traore is from senegal btw so no relation of "can't-control-my-feet-djimi"

Why would Barcelona have let him go if he was the next Maradona?

Fabregas?

THE most over rated player in the PL.

Get away he's absolutely brilliant. Whats overrated about him?

He's 19 ffs, and his passing and vision is up there with the very best. You'd look at him and think he's about 26 or so, if he continues to develop he'll be outstanding in a few years.

Why would Barcelona have let him go if he was the next Maradona?

Fabregas?

THE most over rated player in the PL.

Get away he's absolutely brilliant. Whats overrated about him?

He's 19 ffs, and his passing and vision is up there with the very best. You'd look at him and think he's about 26 or so, if he continues to develop he'll be outstanding in a few years.

He's like Rooney, people talk of him as if he's the finished article. Yeah he's good, but he's got a long way before he is the player most people think he is.