Beckham to Bolton

Nobby

Guest Imperio

He would suit their style of play well, plus the way they play would add about 4 years on to his career.

Only stumbling block is the wages he could possibly demand.

He would suit their style of play well, plus the way they play would add about 4 years on to his career.

Only stumbling block is the wages he could possibly demand.

No transfer fee though and shirt sales globally will make it virtually self financing.

edit, still wont happen

I reckon Beckham will move to the USA when he's finished at Real Madrid.

Can't see why he would come back to a more physically demanding league or why he's want the constant media attention (well MORE constant media attention) that was a big part of why he left.

I think he'll go to the MLS and earn his cash through some image rights scam, due to their wage structures.

He might even go to the far east where the Beckham brand is HUGE or perhaps be tempted a big money couple of years in Dubai and really kick start their football (a la George Best in the USA).

Who knows? But I can't see him coming back here.

He might even go to the far east where the Beckham brand is HUGE or perhaps be tempted a big money couple of years in Dubai and really kick start their football (a la George Best in the USA).

Think it was more Pele in the USA tbh

No chance.

Alladyce:

"In the past when that sort of name has been attached to this club, people considered it as something that was never going to happen.

"But cast your mind back to Youri Djorkaeff. People scoffed and said he would never come to play for Bolton, but he came.

"So did Bruno N'Gotty, Ivan Campo and Fernando Hierro - we've attracted some fabulous players to the club.

No chance.

Alladyce:

"In the past when that sort of name has been attached to this club, people considered it as something that was never going to happen.

"But cast your mind back to Youri Djorkaeff. People scoffed and said he would never come to play for Bolton, but he came.

"So did Bruno N'Gotty, Ivan Campo and Fernando Hierro - we've attracted some fabulous players to the club.

To be honest, none of them are in Beckhams league in terms of being a "Big Name" player. I'd be amazed if he signed for them and, to be honest, wonder why he'd want to?

No chance.

Alladyce:

To be honest, none of them are in Beckhams league in terms of being a "Big Name" player. I'd be amazed if he signed for them and, to be honest, wonder why he'd want to?

no-one really has a bigger name than Beckham but

Anelka, Djorkaeff, Campo, Nakata, Okocha, Hierro, N'Gotty were all big name players

Hierro was Real Madrid captain

No chance.

Alladyce:

Anelka, Djorkaeff, Campo, Nakata, Okocha, Hierro, N'Gotty were all big name players

Aye but most of them were either down on their luck or virtually finished. Beckham could get a bigger club abroad (Perhaps Inter or someone) or a better pay packet at another English Club. I'd be interested in how old Bent Sam would sell it the prospect to him TBH?

They took a chance on Djorkaeff and it payed off for them. Fair play. The rest haven't done anything special IMO.

No chance.

Alladyce:

Aye but most of them were either down on their luck or virtually finished. Beckham could get a bigger club abroad (Perhaps Inter or someone) or a better pay packet at another English Club. I'd be interested in how old Bent Sam would sell it the prospect to him TBH?

They took a chance on Djorkaeff and it payed off for them. Fair play. The rest haven't done anything special IMO.

'cept get em into Europe.

No chance.

Alladyce:

'cept get em into Europe.

We are in Europe this year and Carr/Babayaro/Bramble etc got us there. Doesn't mean I'd want to signj them again given the chance.

Other than Anelka, there isn't ONE of the players listed above I would take.

Guest toon tone rudeboy

Can't see why he would come back to a more physically demanding league or why he's want the constant media attention (well MORE constant media attention) that was a big part of why he left.

I think he'll go to the MLS and earn his cash through some image rights scam, due to their wage structures.

The MLS will do whatever it takes to bring Beckham to the states IMHO.  They are already restructuring the wage setup among the teams to allow one exception to the salary cap per team.  There are also two teams with money in the league who could finance the move.  LA Galaxy has the money and the Red Bulls of NY have sponsorship money (something the other teams in the league do not have) to spend.

The MLS need the names.  Beckham will be first and Figo will probably come shortly after.

The MLS will do whatever it takes to bring Beckham to the states IMHO.   They are already restructuring the wage setup among the teams to allow one exception to the salary cap per team.  There are also two teams with money in the league who could finance the move.  LA Galaxy has the money and the Red Bulls of NY have sponsorship money (something the other teams in the league do not have) to spend.

The MLS need the names.  Beckham will be first and Figo will probably come shortly after.

would love that to happen tbh

if beckham came available while shepherd is still in charge, i'd fully expect us to go for him.

he's exactly the sort of trophy signing the fat knob jockey adores. and of course, he plays in a position where we're well covered.

Guest toon tone rudeboy

The MLS will do whatever it takes to bring Beckham to the states IMHO.  They are already restructuring the wage setup among the teams to allow one exception to the salary cap per team.  There are also two teams with money in the league who could finance the move.  LA Galaxy has the money and the Red Bulls of NY have sponsorship money (something the other teams in the league do not have) to spend.

It would be good for the league and will raise attendance to matches which I do want to see.  What I don't want to see is the MLS becoming the place aging footballers go to die.  This is what happened with the ASL when Pele, Beckenbauer et al. came.  Not many will take it seriously and it will become a "show" and not a sport.  Investing some of that money into youth programs would be better for the American game in the long run.

I get more out of American players from the MLS moving on to the Premiership than I would having aging footballers coming to the MLS.

IMO.

The MLS will do whatever it takes to bring Beckham to the states IMHO.   They are already restructuring the wage setup among the teams to allow one exception to the salary cap per team.  There are also two teams with money in the league who could finance the move.  LA Galaxy has the money and the Red Bulls of NY have sponsorship money (something the other teams in the league do not have) to spend.

It would be good for the league and will raise attendance to matches which I do want to see.  What I don't want to see is the MLS becoming the place aging footballers go to die.  This is what happened with the ASL when Pele, Beckenbauer et al. came.  Not many will take it seriously and it will become a "show" and not a sport.  Investing some of that money into youth programs would be better for the American game in the long run.

I get more out of American players from the MLS moving on to the Premiership than I would having aging footballers coming to the MLS.

IMO.

you make some good points, would love the MLS to become the most popular sport in the US like

Guest toon tone rudeboy

IMO.

you make some good points, would love the MLS to become the most popular sport in the US like

Thanks and I agree.  MLS gaining in popularity would be a dream.  Unfortunately, the majority of the team are owned by the same person so the changes to the league are done by him.  I currently live in Florida and in the same season, he shut down the two teams in the state (the Miami Fusion and Tampa Bay Mutiny).  Doesn't really make much sense considering the Miami club are in an area with a large population of hispanics and Brazilians.  Closest team is in Texas or Massachusetts.

Football in this country is very region specific.