How successful will the Toon be this season?

Guest nufc_geordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest nufc_geordie

How many trophies do you think we will win this year? After a far too long baron spell we have picked up one already and IMO the league Cup and UEFA Cups are winnable providing we turn over Chelsea tonight.

I will go with Intertoto and League Cup, but reckon we will go close in the UEFA as well.

Fancy us for the UEFA like. The only tricky side is Spurs for me.

I always said that the first season without shearer would be the one where we will win something, i'll stick by that.

Liverpool/Arsenal or Spurs/Southend or Wycombe.

I always said that the first season without shearer would be the one where we will win something, i'll stick by that.

Are the semis played at neutral grounds in the league? If they are not then i feel we would get knocked out playing Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs at their grounds. Thats only if we beat Chelsea, which i doubt we will.

Are the semis played at neutral grounds in the league? If they are not then i feel we would get knocked out playing Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs at their grounds. Thats only if we beat Chelsea, which i doubt we will.

They're played over two legs, home and away.

Would love us to win the double and get the UEFA but I don't think it will happen this season.

We'll get to the semis again and then get knocked out by the eventual winners.

Still, at least we won the Intertoto...

bluesigh.gif

I won't bother making any predictions but the UEFA Cup still represents our best hope.

To win the Carling Cup we will almost certainly have to beat two top class teams of proven Champions League standard, starting tonight. We are one of the most experienced teams in Europe left in the UEFA Cup and I still see that as our best hope.

Guest Imperio

UEFA Cup is a possibility, any stumbling block would be Tottenham.

FA Cup could be possible but it depends, we could do with a few upsets like Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea/Man United being knocked out by lower league sides.

UEFA Cup is a possibility, any stumbling block would be Tottenham. 

:roll:

Not to mention Benfica, Werder Bremen, Sevilla, Espanyol, Ajax, CSKA.

I can see Spurs doing well, but they're far from our toughest hurdle in this competition.