Emiliano Sala

bowlingcrofty

I don't see the issue with applause or silence tbh. Applause to me shows the appreciation of his life,his achievements and him as a person. Silence of course shows respect so I think either are acceptable.

If it was me I know my family would prefer applause as I would if it was any of my family.

The one thing that keeps sticking in my mind is how quickly that weasel McKay came out to passively distance himself from any responsibility in Sala's accident. What a stain on the industry.

Does it really matter whether people stay silent or applaud ?  Let them show their respects how they feel they should, pretty sure the family would be appreciative whichever way people do it.

I'd go with silence but have no real problem with either.

Guest firetotheworks

Does it really matter whether people stay silent or applaud ?  Let them show their respects how they feel they should, pretty sure the family would be appreciative whichever way people do it.

I know what you're saying but it's because it's supposed to be a shared moment of respect not loads of individual ones.

I know what you're saying but it's because it's supposed to be a shared moment of respect not loads of individual ones.

Aye very true.

For stuff like what's happened with Sala it's a moment to reflect, be silent and show some respect. Applause in this situation is merely acknowledging what has happened which is just the bare minimum, but it's almost quite distasteful IMHO. I mean what exactly are you actually applauding!?

Nah, applause is for a life well lived, if someone goes at 80, applause is appropriate. A lad in his 20s killed in a plane crash is a tragedy and it should be silence imo.

For what it is worth this is correct.

Aww, man.

Well that vindicates the decision to push on searching. Plus hopefully it'll help the families get closure.

Problem with the public search is that they were reaslitically only going to search for it when there was a chance of finding them alive. There is no way they would have been given the funding to search for long in a recovering mission. They only started again due to pressure from the Argentinian government, and it was actually the private search that found them.

So they’ve located the wreckage, would it be probable that the bodies would still be on board?

How deep does the channel go?

Am just trying to work out if it’s realistic that a dive team could go in, or would they need something bigger to set about recovering.

So they’ve located the wreckage, would it be probable that the bodies would still be on board?

Am just trying to work out if it’s realistic that a dive team could go in, or would they need something bigger to set about recovering.

Whatever depth I think a camera will be sent down at the earliest opportunity.

Whatever depth I think a camera will be sent down at the earliest opportunity.

It already was, that's how they identified the plane