Emiliano Sala

bowlingcrofty

Aye it's going to be a ballache no doubt. If the transfer was finalised, then it should be paid. One would assume each team has insurance of some form...

Read Cardiff were insured to the tune of the proposed fee, although still liable for the 3 year contract costs. No idea how that works.

Surely if the deal is signed, sealed and delivered they pay then their own insurance covers the financial losses.

My understanding from the BBC article is that Cardiff had not received all of the paperwork confirming he’s 100% their player.

I’d imagine insurance want that proof.

I think Nantes have been more than fair. They sent the letter a week ago asking for the first payment as agreed and have been patient. It's obviously a tradgedy but they are owed £15m. Establishing any facts isn't gonna change the fact Cardiff owe them money.

Surely if the deal is signed, sealed and delivered they pay then their own insurance covers the financial losses.

My understanding from the BBC article is that Cardiff had not received all of the paperwork confirming he’s 100% their player.

I’d imagine insurance want that proof.

It definitely will be the insurance throwing the spanner in the works.

So would a player be covered in insurance for their transfer value? Or is it like a life insurance policy where you specify the amount and make the according payments?

Up to the club. I guess Cardiff went with the fee as its all he's ever really going to be worth at his age, but if they wanted they could insure him for whatever they think he's worth, then pay the additional premium for it. For example I doubt Messi is insured for zero value.

Guest neesy111

Hope the search goes on for the pilot.

I doubt they'll search for his body. Maybe get washed up if tides are kind.

Yes, which pisses me off over the whole thing as if it had been you and me for example then apart from the families etc then no one would bat an eyelid over the search after a few days/week.

Yes, which pisses me off over the whole thing as if it had been you and me for example then apart from the families etc then no one would bat an eyelid over the search after a few days/week.

Hasn't the search only continued due to private funding? Which wouldn't have happened if it was you or me.

Guest neesy111

Hasn't the search only continued due to private funding? Which wouldn't have happened if it was you or me.

True, but imo it has to be a search for both bodies to be respectful for the whole tragedy.  Guessing we don't live in that sort of world though.

True, but imo it has to be a search for both bodies to be respectful for the whole tragedy.  Guessing we don't live in that sort of world though.

I thought I read that it was the Argentinian government that was paying for the extended search? Which would make more sense for it to be finished up, when the Argentinian was found?

It's cold as fuck, but as you said, the world we live in.

Guest neesy111

I thought I read that it was the Argentinian government that was paying for the extended search? Which would make more sense for it to be finished up, when the Argentinian was found?

Didn't know that, thought it was just crowdfunding etc.

Think they put pressure on but it was the crowdfunded thing that found the wreckage. The whole thing is grim. Jesus.

It has nothing to do with being cold as fuck. The effort was to locate the plane, which is feasible with radar. Luckily Sala's body was in the plane and so retrievable, but if the pilot's wasn't there's next to no hope of finding it under that depth of sea unless it washes up. It would be exactly the same outcome if the pilot's body was there and Sala's wasn't.

It has nothing to do with being cold as fuck. The effort was to locate the plane, which is feasible with radar. Luckily Sala's body was in the plane and so retrievable, but if the pilot's wasn't there's next to no hope of finding it under that depth of sea unless it washes up. It would be exactly the same outcome if the pilot's body was there and Sala's wasn't.

Sonar, not radar. It's horrible anyway :( . Best wishes to the families and hope they can heal eventually.