Resident Evil 2/Resident Evil 3/April 2020 Simulator

Anderson

I gave it a shot earlier, leading up to the first time you walk into the Police Station. It's a proper PC game anwyay, shit load of graphics options and runs like a dream.

The gas station was a nice addition, but I thought between the crash / split and the police station was a little brief for my liking, could have done with something like the weapon shop interaction

:lol: Fucking hell, never have I been more aware of my own mortality than seeing that post.

My exact thoughts when I read it, jeez :lol:

Anyway, demo was good, really want to play it... I'll wait about 6 months when it's inevitably about £20 or something, though :thup:

An hour in.

Frst Licker encounter...

giphy.gif

Lickers :yao:

Tyrant's full blown nightmare fuel. Only thing that's comparable is the Alien in Isolation in terms of tension. Absolutely bricking it trying to tiptoe about right now.

Had to turn it off after finally hitting a checkpoint there because I'm spent. :lol:

An hour in.

Frst Licker encounter...

giphy.gif

Tyrant's full blown nightmare fuel. Only thing that's comparable is the Alien in Isolation in terms of tension. Absolutely bricking it trying to tiptoe about right now.

Had to turn it off after finally hitting a checkpoint there because I'm spent. :lol:

Aye the tyrant stuff is intense as fuck like, even more so a bit later on in the game during a segment where you're trying to solve (admittedly basic) puzzles while evading him.

I've barely been able to put this down this afternoon; approaching the late game as Leon already, which means the game probably only clocks at around 6-8 hours I reckon, but I can see myself replaying it on hardcore (as well as the Claire stuff, obviously) and the pacing has felt really tight throughout. It's only January but it'll take a great game to beat this as my GOTY; they've absolutely nailed the atmosphere and tension, probably more so than any other game in the series - like you say, it regularly gets close to Alien in that sense. The original remake was top notch but this on a different level altogether IMO.

Nemesis next pls. Imagine that mortherfucker chasing you around in this format.

An hour in.

Frst Licker encounter...

giphy.gif

Aye the tyrant stuff is intense as fuck like, even more so a bit later on in the game during a segment where you're trying to solve (admittedly basic) puzzles while evading him.

Heart was pounding out my chest just trying to move the shelves in the library with him breathing down my neck. :lol:

Nemesis next pls. Imagine that mortherfucker chasing you around in this format.

giphy.gif

Playing in half hour bursts atm because it's fucking exhausting. :lol:

Played the demo and visually and atmospherically it's really good.  I found the character control to be fine but the camera control seemed really off, don't know if I just needed to spend more time adjusting sensitivity so I wasn't spinning it wildly around and over correcting.  Also I only used the starting pistol and I know it's supposed to be a weak weapon but it didn't feel like a gun at all.  Enemies didn't react to it, there was no movement of the head as I was shooting at it and a weird looking little sputter of blood as it came out.  Felt like I was just shooting a LazerQuest gun at them enough times for them to give up and lie down.

Ive only seen him twice, outside of the scripted times. alot of waiting, creeping about and taking a hit or two from other monsters while darting into rooms was involved. im just having trouble with the ava bit and the lack of useable force

Shit myself with the mutant croc tho  :snod: :snod: