Newcastle United 0-2 Watford - 26/01/19 (FAC)

Disco

Our players are all soft cunts. Nobody approaches the ref.

VAR is shite.

Nope, the person making the decision is shite.  All VAR does is make sure the person making the decision always has a good view of the incident, but it can't make people give the correct decision unfortunately.

Teams play weakened sides in the cups because they aren't relevant as far as the club's are concerned. Modern football clubs are businesses and the prize money on offer isn't worth risking injuries for.

We aren’t that weakened

VAR is shite.

Nope, the person making the decision is shite, human error can not be fixed no matter the technology.

Which is exactly why it’s shit. It’s people watching replays, man.

Teams play weakened sides in the cups because they aren't relevant as far as the club's are concerned. Modern football clubs are businesses and the prize money on offer isn't worth risking injuries for.

We aren’t that weakened

Was making a general point as to why club's do it.

This has been a horrible performance. Doing their best to get knocked out.

This club is desperate.

It's understandable.

How motivated would you be to bust a gut if you worked for a company owned by someone like Ashley.

I think any game where you start with Joselu up front you are asking to get beat basically. I haven't even been following this game, but it's like the script has been written when he's starting a fixture.

VAR is shite.

Nope, the person making the decision is shite, human error can not be fixed no matter the technology.

Which is exactly why it’s shit. It’s people watching replays, man.

So how does that make it shit?  It gives the people making decisions the chance to see clearly whats happened so they have the chance to make the right decision.  Instead of having to make a decision in a split second view or no view at all.  If the person given that chance makes the wrong decision that's not the fault of the technology..

Never mind on second thought, can't be bothered to have this debate.  I just can't understand why a technology that cannot possibly hurt as it gives only extra chance to get something right is derided by some people based on the fact that people can still make the wrong decisions, nothing can ever fix people making bad decisions, nothing.

FA cup 4th round day used to be massive, especially with a home tie. Great memories of the atmosphere of games back in the 80s, huge away followings adding to it, getting shoved aal ower the shop in the Gallowgate corner, singing my heart out and desperate to win the game. Now, they get played out in a mausoleum with shadow teams for ten times the cost of getting in.

Guest firetotheworks

70 minutes.  No subs.  Rafa not interested.

He's gone down in my estimation playing right into the clubs shit policy with this bollocks

:lol:

I think any game where you start with Joselu up front you are asking to get beat basically. I haven't even been following this game, but it's like the script has been written when he's starting a fixture.

Nail on head. Soon as I seen the post about woodman and Joselu starting you knew what the intentions were