Newcastle United 2 (Two)-1 Manchester City (29/01/2019) - post match p19 onwards

Sima

Guest reefatoon

It's not great when you hate everything about the club you supported for over 35 years and just want to see them take a massive humping. No boring 1-0 this time please, a proper twatting would be entertaining. Need something to ramp up all the anger and hatred. These narrow defeats are doing nothing to get people going.  0-8 might get it started.

Been a while since I actively wanted us to lose, but I think I'm getting to that point in this one. We are going to get beat no matter what, so might as well look at the positives.

The positive of losing this one is Mike Ashley will be more worried about going down.

We're pretty good at avoiding hammerings, don't see why that should change.

If City truly want 5 goals they'll get them IMO, it truly depends on how much they want it. I'd say the same for Liverpool tbh, but i suspect they won't particularly and settle with 3.

No Diame is the key issue, Hayden is fucking garbage and Longstaff whilst trying his best and doing quite well has no support in there.

0-2 or 0-3, OK performance but just too much quality to handle. Standard really.

If City truly want 5 goals they'll get them IMO, it truly depends on how much they want it. I'd say the same for Liverpool tbh, but i suspect they won't particularly and settle with 3.

Doesn't that apply to all the other games we've played though? We rarely get beat by many goals, including against the good teams.

It's not impossible obviously, they're brilliant.

Doesn't that apply to all the other games we've played though? We rarely get beat by many goals, including against the good teams.

It's not impossible obviously, they're brilliant.

With regards to our past games against City, they're not robots so they don't always play at their very best. But if they are playing at their best and really want to make a statement i don't think there's much we can do really.

We are well organized and defend well, but when a team with that much talent plays with the required amount of pace there's not much you can do to stop it.

No Diame is the key issue, Hayden is fucking garbage and Longstaff whilst trying his best and doing quite well has no support in there.

0-2 or 0-3, OK performance but just too much quality to handle. Standard really.

Totally agree here, without Diame in the team we have no bite in midfield, City will cut through Hayden and Longstaff as though they aren't even there at all.

Shar in a defensive midfield role alongside either Hayden or Longstaff is not a bad call....  As long as we have Fernandez, Lascelles, Clark and Lejeune all in behind them.

It's going to be a long and bruising night I think, I know a lot of people on here say they don't care but, I think that no-one really wants to see us being humped into oblivion do they?