Apex Legends

SEMTEX

It's another battle royale game.

Apex Legends is a free-to-play battle royale video game developed by Respawn Entertainment (TITANFALL) and published by Electronic Arts (BOOURNS). Set in the same universe as the Titanfall duology, the game was revealed and released in a surprise announcement on the same day on 4 February 2019 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Anyone played it yet? It's pretty enjoyable iyam. Squads of 3 only.

:thup: Gets a lot more enjoyable when you know how to utilize the skills of the various Legends. I'm currently rocking Crowdude as my Legend of choice. But camp robot is pretty effective too, with his zipline things. Shame about his stupid fucking voice.

Gonna download this, strangely getting some kind of buzz about it. I wanted to like Fortnite but I fucking hated the building, I liked PUBG but the pacing was way off. Hopefully this can be good, I like the squad aspect.

This is good, few balancing changes with the loot and it'll be great. Sometimes run around for ages with white shields and a pistol for half the game,  sometimes get insane shit within two buildings of eachother.

Very fun though.

Had a few blasts of this so far and really enjoying it. The pacing isn't too slow and the hero powers make things different without being overpowering.

Can't wait to get a few more modes on the go though. Squads of 3 only is a bit of a weird choice but at least the context menu is better than any alternative out there and makes playing with randoms that little bit less painful.

Loving this so far. The pacing is really good and doesn't really reward camping and with the respawns you can play a bit riskier and aggressive. The legends all seem viable choices and do well with any weapon bar 2 imo. Only thing I dislike so far is a lot of the ammo clips are quite short unless you have extended mags so seem to pick up a lot of deaths whilst reloading.

Loving this so far. The pacing is really good and doesn't really reward camping and with the respawns you can play a bit riskier and aggressive. The legends all seem viable choices and do well with any weapon bar 2 imo. Only thing I dislike so far is a lot of the ammo clips are quite short unless you have extended mags so seem to pick up a lot of deaths whilst reloading.

Aye, I agree on the clip sizes. Literally no reason to run an SMG at the moment (besides maybe the prowler, but only if you get the select fire to make it full auto) as they all seem to have less ammo and do less damage than an AR.

I was doing really well with the Peacekeeper at one point then something just flipped and I ended up getting ripped to pieces between the 1st and 2nd shots. It works really well if you have Bangalor smoke an area then pop your ult as Bloodhound and rush in close while they're blind.

Aye it's really good, feels like an actual finished product for once from a pure gameplay standpoint :lol: I agree with the above posts about the ammo clips, i also think the amount you can carry is a bit small. That sort of realism doesn't really make the game better IMO.

I've really enjoyed this so far :) liking the ultimates powers etc. Barely get above 2 kills but enjoy the pacing of the game, plus the teamwork element. Had some good stories. Been last team standing 5/6 times but haven't won it yet.

I've really enjoyed this so far :) liking the ultimates powers etc. Barely get above 2 kills but enjoy the pacing of the game, plus the teamwork element. Had some good stories. Been last team standing 5/6 times but haven't won it yet.

Had a daft game the other day. One guy crashed out and the 2 of us that were left found ourselves in an underground tunnel with the only other team above ground on top of us. The zone closed in by so much that both entrances to the tunnel got cut off, throwing both teams into a stalemate of "who can out-heal the other" once the zone finally disappeared.

We didn't win lol

Had a daft game the other day. One guy crashed out and the 2 of us that were left found ourselves in an underground tunnel with the only other team above ground on top of us. The zone closed in by so much that both entrances to the tunnel got cut off, throwing both teams into a stalemate of "who can out-heal the other" once the zone finally disappeared.

We didn't win lol

:lol: Nice. I've had both my teammates recovery card things and no weapons before, just desperately running across a landscape, bullets pinging about, trying to bring the lads back. Managing to find a respawn beacon with some kit nearby and all of us managing to get a foothold back in the game with some fortunate loot etc. Was a really good journey and I think we almost won it in the end.

Quite a few people are relatively up for teamwork, I think it would be shite if they brought solo in TBH.

Gonna try this over the next few days. Do you need to voice chat? I've heard the ping system is good. Any stupid things I need to not do to avoid condemning my team to a fiery death?

Just stick close together and don't be afraid to push people.

I've had some absolutely daft squadmates so far but I think the ratio of good to bad is still better than most games. It's like 50/50 in this game whereas if you try to play with randoms on PUBG you'll 9/10 get teamkilled or have one drop to the other end of the map on their own for no reason.

You can even be successful with the daft ones sometimes. The other night I was first into a fight and took 2 enemies down before getting downed myself. The randoms managed to finish off the last one and then sat there, looting the corpses right in front of me while I bled out and died. At that point I thought I was dealing with complete morons but they got me spawned back in and stuck to me while I led them round for the rest of the round and ended up getting the win. It just reinforced the feeling that you can only win if you stick together. The time to kill is so long that you can't even think about playing it like Rambo.

Just playing pretty much. I mean, personally Bangalore and Bloodhound are my preferred. They've both got fairly straightforward easily-utilizable skills. So maybe start with them two.

As far as guns go, mostly just working out your preference. Clip size can be frustrating. Shotguns are pretty good. I'm used to shotguns being insta-useless in games.

That's about it.

Cheers.  played my first game and had no fucking idea what was going on, one guy was way overleveled compared to me and the other guy and spent all his time reviving us.

He just found better gear in the match. There's no level system.

The only thing you get from leveling up is loot boxes which only give cosmetic items.