Rumours in today's papers.

Guest Deep456

Guest Deep456

I think Barton's a class player. I'd have him here in a shot.

Same here but £5.5m of the budget on a central midfielder?

Especially when we could have had him for a third of that if we went for him in the last transfer window :roll:

If Scott Parker isn't right for you, I don't see why Joey Barton would be. Strange one.

PS: Putting a clause in his contract was stupid, he's worth more than that now people can see he knows where the goal is - and there is no way we can afford to lose him considering how shite most of our have been.

If Scott Parker isn't right for you, I don't see why Joey Barton would be. Strange one.

PS: Putting a clause in his contract was stupid, he's worth more than that now people can see he knows where the goal is - and there is no way we can afford to lose him considering how shite most of our have been.

Barton scores goals.

Barton scores goals.

Parker has nicked a few too? Without being on penalties...I do think they are pretty similar players (Altho, being biased I obviously think Barton is better)

Barton is a fantastic player, passing, shooting, tackling and leadership. The only thing that troubles me is his temperament but i believe all great players are a little crazy, we would just need to learn how to handle him (plus i think he's calmed down).

For 5.5m would be a snip in my eyes however we must stick to our priorities. I doubt citeh would sell to any prem club half way through their season anyway. The summer seems more feezable.

I doubt citeh would sell to any prem club half way through their season anyway. The summer seems more feezable.

I'm not sure we would have a choice if someone made an offer of £5.5m - Its a clause in his contract. However I'd hope he would turn down a move considering we've been loyal to him and are not safe from the drop.

I doubt citeh would sell to any prem club half way through their season anyway. The summer seems more feezable.

I'm not sure we would have a choice if someone made an offer of £5.5m - Its a clause in his contract. However I'd hope he would turn down a move considering we've been loyal to him and are not safe from the drop.

If the clause stuff is true, then i'd be rather worried but i would have thought a club would have came in last summer had that been the case.

For 5.5m he would have been a bargain. He raped us down at the COMS last month. Best player on the park by a country mile.

I think Barton's a class player. I'd have him here in a shot.

Same here but £5.5m of the budget on a central midfielder?

Especially when we could have had him for a third of that if we went for him in the last transfer window :roll:

Sounds like bollocks to me, got a source to back that up with?! I think Barton would be a very good addition, but he's not a priority. With the deficiencies elsewhere in our squad I would be disappointed if we spent what would be (in all likelihood) a decent chunk of our budget on him.

Guest MalcolmSm1th

I am not a fan of Barton at all.  I really hope that a man who stubs cigars into people's eyes never gets to wear a Newcastle shirt.

Guest Deep456

We're after Stelios apparantely, rumoured £2m bid.

Why the hell do we want him? Isn't he a right-winger? :roll:

Apparently you don't even have a link.