Newcastle United vs Huddersfield Town - 23/02/2019 @ 15:00 - No TV

HaydnNUFC

They're obviously the worst side in the division but the gap between us and them isn't especially vast. They won at Wolves in November, two goals from Mooy. He's back in the side now so we'll have to watch him. We need Diame back in the side, imo, with his destructive game on point.

-------------------- Dubravka ---------------------

------- Schar - Lascelles - Lejeune -------

Yedlin ------------------------------------ Ritchie

------------- Diame --- Longstaff -------------

--------------- Perez --- Almiron ---------------

---------------------- Rondon ----------------------

Just remember like this season at home against Fulham and Brighton and against West Brom at home last season we struggled badly in these type of matches where people thought we would win comfortably. I'm surprised people go into these matches with such confidence and predict 6 points from these next two matches because I think realistically the most we will get is 4 points just because our home form and our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot like against Wolves last week.

Another meaningless must win .

Beginning to not give a shit but come match day I will, initial thoughts are we should win which is usually dangerous for us, 1-1 and we all explode with doom.  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I’ve got a funny feeling we will either lose this one or fail to win putting in a miserable performance for good measure.

Hayden and Longstaff have been decent together. Never underestimate the importance of partnerships.

Aye decent defensivley though.

It will be on us to play on the front foot and create more at home to Huddersfield and Burnley than the gameplan required in our last 3 matches.

I’d play Ki and Diame for the Huddersfield and Burnley double header, they played a big role together in the 2 home wins in a row against Bournemouth and Watford earlier on in the season.

And now everyone is fit I’d rather we just use Longstaff for fresh legs rather than burn the lad out, maybe have him back in to win the ball for the hard away game down at West Ham coming up :thup:

I think Ki might start against Burnley at least, he might need more time after his injury.

Thats a good argument for dropping Hayden for Diame. He is decent when we don't much posession like against Wolves and Man City, but when against Huddersfield who will likely sit deep will not be as effective.

I think Ki might start against Burnley at least, he might need more time after his injury.

He played some great forward thinking passes against CSKA. I’m just hoping he is at least fit enough to make an impact with his passes from the bench against Huddersfield and Burnley, we might need it.