Gaming Youtubers

Stal

I'm not a one for watching people just play games, but I have started to see some good reviewers and folk who bring gaming news.

So far I've discovered Jim Sterling whom I find very entertaining, Yong Yea is alright and Heel v Babyface if I want to see what Yong Yea has said but several hours later.

Anyone got any good recommendations that you tend to watch?

The Rad Brad i think he's called, he's quite good and raises a titter or two.

Just taking a look but so far he looks more of a playthrough type. I'm not so fussed on watching others play games but i'll pop him on later on and see what I think. Cheers!

Easy Allies are really good. It's the guys who used to run Gametrailers. Their reviews are really excellent and they've got a couple of podcasts that they post the videos of on YouTube. The EA podcast is a bit dry, focuses just on gaming news, but Frame Trap is great, each panelist discusses what they've been playing in depth, sometimes new AAA stuff but just as often indie and retro titles.

I like watching/listening to really long in-depth critiques of stuff I've played as well - TheGamingBritShow, Joseph Anderson and Matthewmatosis are all good for this.

Soviet Womble is my go to for daft stuff. He doesn't post videos that often (once a month at most) but when he does you really notice why they take him so long. The level of detail in the editing is insane and it really helps hammer home the jokes. He's surrounded by a decent supporting cast of mates and generally just produces some of the highest quality, funniest stuff going.

These are all more retro stuff but I love them

Game Sack - Two guys talk about retro games while showing gameplay based on some theme, stupid skit after every episode.

Game Chasers - Two guys searching for games mainly on flea markets mixed with stupid humour.

My Life in Gaming - Two guys talking more about the technical stuff ie. how to get the best picture from your old consoles.

Don’t really watch much but from what I’ve seen:

Been posted on here before a few times but Game Maker’s Toolkit is class for videos theorising about good gameplay.

Some of Day9’s Mostly Walking was canny background tele.

The Act Man is sound but mainly just does big FPS games like Halo and CoD.

Matt Lees was good but seems to have mostly disappeared.

Matt Lees was good but seems to have mostly disappeared.

He's gone more towards board games these days with Shut Up And Sit Down.

Shut up and sit down is a good channel, like :thup:

Met them a few times at UK Games Expo. They're all canny enough and the live shows are fun.

Some cracking responses cheers!

I've watched Angry Joe but there's something a little off about his show. Don't know if its because he looks like people I know or his sidekick troubles me.

Will def give the rest a try when I'm back in.