Keith Flint of The Prodigy has died

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Wow, wtf?  At 49?  Only just saw them at Ally Pally in November just gone.  Shocked.

Liam Howlett's obviously the genius behind the band but the energy added by Keith Flint and Maxim took them to another level and made them a massive act all over the world.

Really sad news.  RIP.

The late Prodigy star - who was found dead today aged just 49 - turned to booze and narcotics after the band wound down.

"I got bang into coke, weed, drinking a lot. This made me reclusive, boring and shallow," he told The Times.

"I'd line up rows of pills and just take them and take them and I'd lose track of how many until I passed out."

Admitting he was suicidal, he added, "But you need a lot of balls to kill yourself. I was a coward."

Quotes from the link below, think it was about 10 years ago or something he said that though.

Bit trashy digging all that up before full facts are known but the Mirror's a tabloid I suppose.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/inside-keith-flints-battle-drugs-14084830

Glad I had the chance to see him live. Incredible performer.

:thup: Same. Probably wouldn't have unless my sister dragged me so I'm pleased she did.

Aye I wouldn't have went either, but they were supporting Oasis at Slane Castle. They stole the show.

RIP.

Video for Firestarter was like nothing I'd ever seen when it dropped.

Aye, iconic. Remember it as a kid, long before I had any understanding of who The Prodigy were.

Saw them about 10 years back at Leeds, the single most hectic performance I've ever seen. Didn't think it was possible for an open field to feel so claustrophobic.

RIP.

Just listening to Breathe and how ridiculously fresh does this still sound, man?  It's 22 years old.  Production is amazing.

I go through phases with Prodigy where I hammer them loads then have a break, time for another catchup :thup:

Just listening to Breathe and how ridiculously fresh does this still sound, man?  It's 22 years old.  Production is amazing.

I go through phases with Prodigy where I hammer them loads then have a break, time for another catchup :thup:

:lol: Had that on earlier as well, it's held up amazingly.