Devil May Cry

Mole_Toonfan

Guest Open_C

I wasn't feeling it when I played the demo, but they're always decent like.  I was spoiled by Bayonetta, which out-DMCs DMC

I’m awful with this type of game, it has been years since I really tried but something about this was is drawing me in. I quite like the concept of V. I might get this once I’ve finished New Dawn.

Guest Open_C

It's always been astonishingly technical, that's why I really liked it. When you're playing well, it's beautiful :) the demo felt like it'd be pretty much like the old ones.

Wasn't it meant to be riddled with microtransactions? I'm sure Jim Sterling himself said this in an earlier video. Weird.

:lol: He did. He implied they were nearly obligatory, iirc. Rental.

Wasn't it meant to be riddled with microtransactions? I'm sure Jim Sterling himself said this in an earlier video. Weird.

Their in the game but they are kinda just there, obviously they shouldn't be there but from what i can gather it's very easy to to ignore their existence.

I suspect if Jim Sterling can enjoy the game without being overly annoyed by them then i suspect it doesn't really have much effect on the game.

That fat little hobbit creams himself every time there's a game where the single player story mode is in the focus as if that is the only way a "proper game" should be made. :lol:

Edit: Game seems to have locked camera angles.  :crazy2:

Absolutely nothing wrong with it tbh, depends entirely on the game. When i played the demo i had zero issues with the camera and if anything it added to the overall experience.

Suspect that if they did away with it then it would have to be a very different game entirely like the new GoW is for example but i wouldn't compare that to DMC/Bayo.

Guest Open_C

Aye :thup: it's to make it a more cinematic experience and to highlight the set piece combat, it's always worked really well in the past other than occasional issues when the camera switches completely and you're running in a completely different way to where you're pushing the stick; don't think it ever happens in combat though, you tend to get gated into areas.

Finished DMC5. Think it's my favourite in the series, it's certainly the best combat and story in the series IMO. The only thing that's holding me back is i think they use similar levels way too much.

Better level design and it wouldn't even be close, but even then it's probably still the best and if not it's really close between this and 3. Will definitely be replaying it as some of the levels i had scores i weren't particularly pleased with.

Guest Open_C

Did they keep styles or have they gone back to vanilla DMC1 and 2 combat?  I only played the demo for a couple of minutes, wasn't particularly feeling it but I'll still almost certainly pick this up (when it's cheap before Christmas)