Arsenal vs Newcastle United - Mon 01/04/19 - 20:00 (Live on Sky Sports)

Infinitely Content

This is arguably the 3rd toughest away game we could face they’ve won their last 9 home matches in a row :kasper:

I’d be interested to see us just for this match make the adjustment Nuno Santo made to their 3-4-2-1 formation which was to add an extra man to the midfield.

Reason being Perez still hasn’t scored away in the league this season and with Shelvey being back we could play that extra man in middle like Wolves have done so well.

It would free up Almiron more to play in the number 10 role too having him play in those central spaces behind Ramsey and Xhaka is an area he could really exploit.

Especially if we can get Shelvey back in the team to supply Almiron the passes.

Slight adjustment I’d like to see..

Dubravka

Fernández Lascelles Lejuene

Yedlin                                      Ritchie

Diame Hayden Shelvey

Rondon Almiron

Last couple have been tight 1-0 defeats, expect Monday’s game to be very much along those lines. Although hopefully with Almiron we can stretch them on the break a bit better than we have previously.

I’d be concerned with Fernández in the team. Looked rusty as fuck against Bournemouth.

Lascelles is back fit so play Lejeune in Schär’s place and bring Dummett in to the left of Lascelles.

As we'll no doubt be playing on the counter. Shelvey should play as we're gonna heavily reply on balls through for Rondon and Almiron.

Hayden still doing enough to keep his place. Diame might be an option to bring on if we’re trying to hang on to something?

Lejeune on the right side when playing 3 at the back would be a disaster. We should just go with 4-2-3-1 and pair Lascelles and Lejeune together until Schar comes back.

He played there against Bournemouth you absolute madman.

Lejeune on the right side when playing 3 at the back would be a disaster. We should just go with 4-2-3-1 and pair Lascelles and Lejeune together until Schar comes back.

He played there against Bournemouth you absolute madman.

Sorry.  :lol:

Guest neesy111

Looked uncomfortable mind, but to be expected.

Why? A centre back playing at centre back?  :lol:

:serious:

Playing in a 3 compared to a 2 is a world of difference and what your role is in the 3.

Playing in a 3 compared to a 2 is a world of difference and what your role is in the 3.

He wasn't playing in a 2 against Bournemouth though

I’d be concerned with Fernández in the team. Looked rusty as fuck against Bournemouth.

Lascelles is back fit so play Lejeune in Schär’s place and bring Dummett in to the left of Lascelles.

As we'll no doubt be playing on the counter. Shelvey should play as we're gonna heavily reply on balls through for Rondon and Almiron.

Hayden still doing enough to keep his place. Diame might be an option to bring on if we’re trying to hang on to something?

You lose two ball playing defenders then though. Lejeune looks uncomfortable on the right.

Clark ahead of Dummett for me though if he does play there

If you think it is that simple I worry for you.

No but it's not like he has been asked to play left wing.

A professional centre back should be fairly comfortable anywhere in a back 3.

If you think it is that simple I worry for you.

No but it's not like he has been asked to play left wing.

A professional centre back should be fairly comfortable anywhere in a back 3.

More over simplification really. The roles across the back three are very different, and in football at this level they are basically entirely different positions.

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but didn't lascelles get dropped last season for arguing with rafa about which position in the back 3 he should play? Doubt it would have bothered him so much if they were all the same

Guest neesy111

I didn't say he played in a 2 vs Bournemouth.  Literally joey T at it again.

Just pointing out there's a difference between a back 2 to 3 and a difference in the roles in a 3 at CB.

Clear?

Guest neesy111

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but didn't lascelles get dropped last season for arguing with rafa about which position in the back 3 he should play? Doubt it would have bothered him so much if they were all the same

It was this season vs Arsenal IIRC

It was this season vs Arsenal IIRC

I think it was against Chelsea.

I didn't say he played in a 2 vs Bournemouth.  Literally joey T at it again.

Just pointing out there's a difference between a back 2 to 3 and a difference in the roles in a 3 at CB.

Clear?

Calm down Nees :lol: I just didn't know how back 2s had any relevance to the conversation

Lejeune on the right side when playing 3 at the back would be a disaster.We should just go with 4-2-3-1 and pair Lascelles and Lejeune together until Schar comes back.

Aye the times I’ve seen him on the right of a 3 he has been poor.

Chelsea away game I thought he was horrific and against Bournemouth his positioning for the Fraser counter when they hit the post was really poor.

For me Lascelles has looked best in the centre of a 3 and Lejuene has looked most comfortable on the left of the 3.

For those reasons I wouldn’t want either moved and definitely not just to find a place for Dummett :lol: