Injured Players: How many are actually a loss?

Minhosa

This may sound like a stupid question because, surely, all members of the first team squad who aren't fit are a loss, aren't they?

So, the question is, out of the injured players, how many would make our starting 11 stronger?

Current Injured Players;-

- Harper

- Krul

- Bramble

- Moore

- Carr

- Bernard

- N'Zogbia

- Owen

- Amoebi

I haven't included Emre/Nobby who are due back imminently.

I was thinking about this the other day. Theres only really Moore and Owen for me who would make us a stronger starting 11 AND Moore's loss isn't that significant.

N'Zogbia is the most controversial one I guess, in that most people would have him in their starting 11, but he hasn't set the world alight this season (granted he hasn't played much) and as long we've got Duff I don't see him as a starter at the moment.

Thoughts?........................

You could also argue a case for a fully fit Ameobi as well. He was looking good towards the end of last season and the beginning of this.

Carr, Bramble, Bernard = first division players.

Agree reference three Amigos.

Who would you drop to accomodate Shola?

zoggy, moore and owen would improve our starting eleven - the rest would be nice as backup up

Ok, this might be easier, if I name a starting eleven. Lets say we start with the following:-

Given

Solano

Taylor

Ramage

Babayaro

Emre

Butt

Dyer

Duff

Martins

Sib

So, Teepee, I guess you would you drop.............Duff for Zog? Ramage for Moore and Sib for Owen?

Guest TampaToon

they all hurt, because depth matters.  for example, if we thrash those belgians in the first leg of the UEFA cup, we still have to play close to our best side in the second leg if our injury list hasn't shrunk. they may not all be our best players, but they allow our best players to save some of their best for the biggest games. how often do you see a team go 90 minutes with no substitutes like we did against reading? we certainly needed every bit of effort from our whole team to win that, but to have the luxury of a duff\n'zogbia swap or an emre\dyer switch late on certainly could have given us a major spark....

and to have to bring on luque and pattison against chelsea whilst they sub on drogba, makalele and schevchenko?

depth, and having players of similar or just slightly lower quality coming off the bench, have a HUGE impact in winning games, both within a game and in the course of a season.

This may sound like a stupid question because, surely, all members of the first team squad who aren't fit are a loss, aren't they?

So, the question is, out of the injured players, how many would make our starting 11 stronger?

Current Injured Players;-

- Harper

- Krul

- Bramble

- Moore

- Carr

- Bernard

- N'Zogbia

- Owen

- Amoebi

I haven't included Emre/Nobby who are due back imminently.

I was thinking about this the other day. Theres only really Moore and Owen for me who would make us a stronger starting 11 AND Moore's loss isn't that significant.

N'Zogbia is the most controversial one I guess, in that most people would have him in their starting 11, but he hasn't set the world alight this season (granted he hasn't played much) and as long we've got Duff I don't see him as a starter at the moment.

Thoughts?........................

All them one as they either improve the team or in the case of most give the manager options from the bench/in the squad.

- Harper - Shay

- Krul - Shay

- Bramble - not good enough, never will be

- Moore - I like him, but at the moment, Ramage and Taylor are performing admirably and he'll have to earn his place back

- Carr - fucking rubbish

- Bernard - who? 2003 Olivier Bernard would slot straight in, 2006 Olivier Bernard... who the fuck knows? My suspicion is that he's gone to shite

- N'Zogbia - would play, for me. Suffering second season syndrome, but still better than Duff

- Owen - 100% starter obviously

- Amoebi - The Sib's better

so, yeah, two would start, since I have no idea what Bernard's like.

for me i would want owen and moore in the starting 11 in place of sibierski and ramage.  n'zogbia is still young and has a the potential to be a special player.  however he needs to show consistency and so i stick with duff even though he's been struggling to make an impact.  given time both will come good

Owen for me only.

N'Zogbia would be on the bench, I prefer Milner and Dyer on the wings. Would be good to have Moore back as backup but only as backup.

Ameobi as back-up as well, Sibierski looks far more impressive.

Bramble and Carr can stay injured until their contracts expire.