Google Stadia

Guest Open_C

First games announced: Skyrim and Rayman Legends

Is that a joke? Top class trolling if true :lol:

Completely made up :thup:

Not a new concept, and one that has notoriously failed in the past. Could be the right time for it now though, with the right investment.

really depends on the game, input lag is always going to be a thing so you could basically rule out any multiplayer game right away but might be ok for single player stuff. Then again it all depends on broadband companies not being complete assholes at every given opportunity

Guest Open_C

:lol:

Is it just a streaming service? I remember trying PS Now years ago and being fairly surprised at how decent it was. I would probably have noticed the lag when I was 25 playing Street Fighter III but for the stuff I play these days this sort of thing would do me fine like

Guest Open_C

Depending on what it costs and what games are available, it'd probably suit me ok :lol:

I'm fairly sure it won't feature niche JRPGs but if it does I'm sold tbh

won't we need fiber everywhere with unlimited caps to avoid being literally murdered by ISP bills and network congestion? 1080p streaming is ~ 4.7GB/hr. it's going to eat through data plans like xenomorph blood through styrofoam.

Guest Open_C

That's the issue like. And, my internet is pretty good but I can't even keep Amazon Music running smoothly this evening presumably due to issues at their end; there are some infrastructure issues to resolve :lol:

Seriously, who is the target audience for this s****? I can't think of anyone who will look at this and go "You know what, that is better than my current solution."

Me? Being able to play all my games on any system/TV throughout my house, and elsewhere?

I have reliable low ping gigabit fiber in my house, and a mediocre gaming PC. This setup would cost me nothing and achieve far more than I can without spending 2k on a gaming PC.

Neesy told me this wasn't possible the little shit. :lol:

It is without ridiculous input lag and other issues like the whole internet not being on IPv6 yet.

Google are massively behind in cloud computing compared to Amazon and Microsoft so it's just their attempt to get in ahead.

Seriously, who is the target audience for this s****? I can't think of anyone who will look at this and go "You know what, that is better than my current solution."

Me? Being able to play all my games on any system/TV throughout my house, and elsewhere?

I have reliable low ping gigabit fiber in my house, and a mediocre gaming PC. This setup would cost me nothing and achieve far more than I can without spending 2k on a gaming PC.

Until it can do everything a normal wired PC can do both of these are wrong and the service will fail up to that point, in my opinion.