The other games today 2019/20

Greg

"You know what would really improve the best and most relatively significant moment in any sport? If we get a jobsworth to trawl back through the video frame by frame and try to find something wrong with it while everyone sits and waits for them to do it."

Will only take a couple of contentious corners/throw-ins to be wrong in the lead up and there'll be calls to make it for all decisions.

Guest Howaythetoon

As with anything, it’s not working as good as it should/could because it’s being misused or some of the decisions are stupid based on rules like some of the offside/handball things. That said, I’m not for it at all, the game is about human emotion and sometimes the officials get things wrong just as strikers get things wrong when they miss an open goal or a ‘keeper drops a clanger. If they want a game without mistakes, play robots. It’s getting to the point celebrating a goal is pointless, VAR allowing/disallowing a goal gets the biggest cheer and that’s not right. Bin the fucker or use it the proper way to call correct on dodgy ref decisions like blatant handballs, fouls in box, off-sides, balls over line or not etc.

Players hate it. Milner has come out and said the players hate it.

I don't think that's very relevant.

I have to disagree, I think it’s hugely relevant. If players think it’s detrimental to the game then there’s something wrong. I bet it’s not just the top players either. Imagine scoring a goal and feeling the adrenaline rush and now having to stop and think whether it actually counts or not. It takes a huge part of the game away from the players and the spectators.

I have to disagree, I think it’s hugely relevant. If players think it’s detrimental to the game then there’s something wrong. I bet it’s not just the top players either. Imagine scoring a goal and feeling the adrenaline rush and now having to stop and think whether it actually counts or not. It takes a huge part of the game away from the players and the spectators.

Almost as if offsides or fouls never existed before VAR.

The referee or linesman would blow or flag straight away before VAR so you'd know instantly but this whole nonsense of waiting minutes after a goal is scored is destroying the game

The referee or linesman would blow or flag straight away before VAR so you'd know instantly but this whole nonsense of waiting minutes after a goal is scored is destroying the game

Is it any worse than having a goal ruled out then after the match finding out the goal should have stood and you’ve also had that moment taken from you?