Pre-season 19-20: Newcastle 2-1 AS Saint-Étienne

joeyt

Guest reefatoon

We are like a Sunday morning team :lol:

Not really, all the Sunday morning teams I played for had a manager and strikers.

Bet the organisers of the Asia trophy wish they didn't ask us to be in it now, gonna stink the thing up :lol:

Nah, we'll give the other clubs the opportunity to score plenty of goals and put on a good show against our rabble.

If we play a local team, we could even lose to them in order to satisfy the promoters...

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/newcastle-united-confirm-premier-league-asia-trophy-squad/

Newcastle United Premier League Asia Trophy squad: Martin Dúbravka, Ciaran Clark, Paul Dummett, Ki Sung-yueng, Fabian Schär, Jamaal Lascelles, Jacob Murphy, Jonjo Shelvey, Dwight Gayle, Matt Ritchie, Yoshinori Muto, Isaac Hayden, Rolando Aarons, Federico Fernández, Javier Manquillo, Joselu, Jack Colback, Jamie Sterry, Karl Darlow, Freddie Woodman, Nathan Harker, Achraf Lazaar, Sean Longstaff, Matthew Longstaff, Owen Bailey, Kelland Watts, Tom Allan.

I know this might be frowned on, but I really want to look at that squad and try to pick out a best XI.

Not because I hope it's "good" - I imagine an XI from that squad is horrifying, which would be really satisfying at this point.

I heard Bruce likes 3-5-2, so something like: Dubravka - Schar, Lascelles, Dummett - Manquillo, Hayden*, Shelvey, Longstaff*, Ritchie - Gayle, Muto (Man: S. Bruce)

*probably being sold

Yeah, that's pretty horrifying

First time for the last time longstaff brothers first team appearance?

We will go the entire tournament (2 games lol) without scoring.

I look forward to comparing last weeks training photos with players smiling to when we get back and Bruce rolls up.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/newcastle-united-confirm-premier-league-asia-trophy-squad/

Newcastle United Premier League Asia Trophy squad: Martin Dúbravka, Ciaran Clark, Paul Dummett, Ki Sung-yueng, Fabian Schär, Jamaal Lascelles, Jacob Murphy, Jonjo Shelvey, Dwight Gayle, Matt Ritchie, Yoshinori Muto, Isaac Hayden, Rolando Aarons, Federico Fernández, Javier Manquillo, Joselu, Jack Colback, Jamie Sterry, Karl Darlow, Freddie Woodman, Nathan Harker, Achraf Lazaar, Sean Longstaff, Matthew Longstaff, Owen Bailey, Kelland Watts, Tom Allan.

Would have expected to see Victor Fernandez been given a chance in preseason!

And definitly Sorensen as we don't have many strikers.

Would have expected to see Victor Fernandez been given a chance in preseason!

And definitly Sorensen as we don't have many strikers.

Curious sangare is left out too after training all week. Do the reserves have some important games this week or something?

I remember when our sponsor was CentreParcs when we played in France

Against Monaco, wasn't it?

Think so, them or Metz

Bit of both I think, was definitely Monaco. Rangers had the same when they had S&N as sponsors.