Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Ashley has just sold Sports Direct HQ for £120M..

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sports-direct-confirms-120-million-063428943.html

Interesting. Ashley is scrambling around for money for some reason. Hopefully this will not negatively impact any necessity to sell us.

Unlike in a sale of NUFC, Ashley won't get the proceeds of the warehouse sale and leaseback though- they'll most likely sit in SD and provide some more cash buffer after the acquisition spree of the last couple of years. SD haven't paid a dividend out in years.

Guest godzilla

TS p*ssed all over our chips, sounds like it’s not a goer.

Log off

They don't have clue man, not seen one journalist come up with any solid facts not one. They are still using the Liverpool proof of funds which is a load of s****. All we can go off is that the group have confirmed they have agreed a deal and that statement was said to be true by by the club sources. They have all been left behind by a Sun journalist who has left them with egg of their faces.

Abraaj Capital- Sheikh Khalid also served on the board of the Abraaj Group a private equity firm with over $13.6 billion in assets. However, long after the Sheikh’s exit from the company, several of its limited partners, including the Gates Foundation began investigating its misuse of investor funds. This led to a collapse of the company in 2018.

Two Important Notes: The Sheikh was gone long before the troubles at the company and has not been implicated in anyway with the wrongdoing.

Here is a very interesting Bloomberg article about the ordeal: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-01/what-s-left-of-abraaj-and-how-it-collapsed-so-quickly-quicktake

Log off

They don't have clue man, not seen one journalist come up with any solid facts not one. They are still using the Liverpool proof of funds which is a load of s****. All we can go off is that the group have confirmed they have agreed a deal and that statement was said to be true by by the club sources. They have all be left behind by a Sun journalist who has left them with egg of their faces.

Indeed.

And why doesn’t Jim White invite the Sun journalist who broke the story on to his show, they fundamentally work for the same corporation? But there are egos, pride, clicks and listens at stake.

Log off

They don't have clue man, not seen one journalist come up with any solid facts not one. They are still using the Liverpool proof of funds which is a load of s****. All we can go off is that the group have confirmed they have agreed a deal and that statement was said to be true by by the club sources. They have all been left behind by a Sun journalist who has left them with egg of their faces.

Yup. Even the ones so many on here desperately fawn over have fuck all to say but keep talking like thry know something.

The sun guy has shown the lot of them up.

Why do people get so dramatic over micro information updates of which we have no idea if it's real?

Just relax. It's not done until it's done, and nobody knows where this is at.

Has anyone stopped and wondered why other Football Club takeovers happen either immediately or within a 24-48 hour period except NUFC's under Ashley?

Don't get me wrong I'd love it to happen but all this protracted spculation is BS.

Such euphoria yesterday . It's funny to see this place and twitter go crazy, its genuinely class like even if unwarranted. :lol:

The local journalists know fuck all and neither do TalkSport etc.. They can speculate, research and dig around for bits about bobs all they want, but the fact is they know nothing of the deal.

It'll just be a case of waiting now to see if anything materializes. The fact that its been leaked in the first place and its gone from 'done deal' to just a bid accepted without proof of funds tells you all you need to know imo. This one will peter out like the rest and it'll be another false dawn.

Like has been said before, if we're going to get bought it'll be done swiftly and everything will be tied up by the time its out in the press. Not dragged out over weeks of negotiations.

Why do people get so dramatic over micro information updates of which we have no idea if it's real?

Just relax. It's not done until it's done, and nobody knows where this is at.

Yes this. I think the press are all to eager to pour cold water on this because it was the bloody sun that got the scoop.

We’ve waited 12 years for this cunt to go. We can wait a few days while this prospective new owner gets his affairs in order.

If it doesn’t happen then nothing changes and we’re back to where we were last week which was total focus on Rafa signing a new contract. (which should be the main issue)

Has anyone stopped and wondered why other Football Club takeovers happen either immediately or within a 24-48 hour period except NUFC's under Ashley?

Don't get me wrong I'd love it to happen but all this protracted spculation is BS.

It mirrors how they conduct potential player transfers, they seem to take a fucking eternity, why should a takeover be any different :dave:

Some do, some don't. Ashley was out of the blue, Southampton went on for 6 months, arsenal battle has been going on years and glaziers for manu took ages as well.

I think the hard bit is agreeing the fee, then there's the little niggles in our case it'll be around sd advertising, club shop and any other cancerous claws he has in to our club.

Even a house sale takes 6 weeks with a willing seller and buyer. Legal teams have to look like they are doing something important for their %.

I highly doubt this is the case.

Everyone is behaving like a jealous spouse, over-reacting to anything, believing everything and getting over emotional........ again

Guest godzilla

Log off

Yup. Even the ones so many on here desperately fawn over have f*** all to say but keep talking like thry know something.

The sun guy has shown the lot of them up.

Mark Douglas's latest update on the Chronicle Live feed fully illustrates this. Not one fact to be seen and all guesswork.

Because they don't? Due diligence alone takes weeks.

The nufc journos have caught with their pants down. They are desperately trying to play things down so that if/when it happens they can be all over it like they knew all along.

I’m very surprised and confused as to why the potential new owners haven’t already made contact with Benitez’s people about all this. Seems a bit weird to me.

Contact with employees of a target company is typically restricted as part of an NDA.

We all know it happens anyway though