Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Stop reading and sharing this shit and just wait for some genuine news man. :lol: It's gonna happen, Rafa is gonna sign and all is gonna be hunky-dory when we spend Everton, Wolves, Bournemouth type money and actually fucking try. I can't wait.

I fucking hope.

Guest chopey

He’d left before all that blew up though

But did they make their staff have their babies in the toilet and go to work with a broken back?

Has anyone stopped and wondered why other Football Club takeovers happen either immediately or within a 24-48 hour period except NUFC's under Ashley?

Don't get me wrong I'd love it to happen but all this protracted spculation is BS.

Because they don't? Due diligence alone takes weeks.

Replying to this and the others above.  I mean the first public announcement of Takeover rather than the actual full process of takeover.  Ask yourself why NUFC under Ashley dont seem to have the ability to stall the information leak until its almost complete as almost every other FC seem to have done in recent history.

The prospect of getting rid of the fat parasite means it will be very hard to chill I think. Far too exciting.

I agree that takeovers can take a little while and I think my preference would be a kind of BAM!!!, new owner announced. No messing around. To announce it at too early a stage is just bad form all round. It gets people's hopes up and then they have to go through the more snidey journalists enjoying pouring cold water over said hopes. Saying that, whilst I have kind of enjoyed reading this thread from page 1 to now, I don't get this attacking of journalists who have been pretty much on our side and are generally liked and respected (Caulkin, Edwards and even Douglas. Not Ryder though. Ryder can go and sit in Twat's Corner with Hope and the others).

Overall though, I am feeling optimistic over this one. I thought Staveley was a goer and it was the FCB who screwed that up. I thought the Kenyon thing was just pure bollocks, I don't care who thinks they have seen some crayon scrawled letter written to Mike, almost like a "Businessman in Peace" sycophantic drivel post you'd see on rtg.

This one though, hey, why not get excited? Maybe not all out and we all know to keep our powder dry when it comes to suspicious transfer window takeover news from the fat liar and his master of whisperers the Bishop.

My caution on such things remain the same though; it's like meeting a lass, getting on well and asking for a date. If she says yes but no date materialises within 3 days then it's extremely unlikely that it's going to happen. Same deal here, except instead of popping out for a coffee and a movie I need to see clear strides in the progression of the takeover. Nothing of substance within 3 days from either camp and they might as well get back onto the business version of Plenty of Fish.

As ever the problem with the sale won't be the buyer, it'll be Ashley, does he really want to sell ? imo up to this point he never has. 

May be it's different this time and it does seem different, we can only hope he doesn't mess the buyer around, as he's not serious about selling yet again.

The number of people expecting journos to reveal their sources ffs

Never fails to bewilder me every time I see that. I mean, I understand it when it's "The X Paper understands..." because I don't believe there is a source. With this though, they are showing how much researching they are doing without revealing who they are speaking to.

Surely these people asking for sources realise that as soon as a journalist reveals a source, they will likely not only not have *that* source anymore, but they massively reduce the chances of getting *any* source ever again.

Has anyone stopped and wondered why other Football Club takeovers happen either immediately or within a 24-48 hour period except NUFC's under Ashley?

Don't get me wrong I'd love it to happen but all this protracted spculation is BS.

Because they don't? Due diligence alone takes weeks.

Replying to this and the others above.  I mean the first public announcement of Takeover rather than the actual full process of takeover.  Ask yourself why NUFC under Ashley dont seem to have the ability to stall the information leak until its almost complete as almost every other FC seem to have done in recent history.

The leak came from the buyer, just as it did Staveley, the one they fucked up on was Kenyon and he jumped the gun massively with that interview.

Staveley may still be involved with this one for all we know, which would mirror why the buyer is so talkative. The club and Ashley whether you like them or not have handled this one professionally enough. They called Staveley out after it was dragging in to our window and no real bid materialised, but it was her leaks to the press which alerted everyone of their interest, he just called time.

I'm still optimistic on this one, confirmed their statement is the right way to go about it, it's now in their court to back it all up. If thry don't expect another Staveley type statement in a few weeks calling them out. Let's hope it doesn't impact on Rafa negotiations just like Staveley impacted our winter window.

Sometimes it's the buyer that's the problem as well to be fair. Peter Kenyon for example clearly didn't have the required investors onboard and in the end was trying to raise £1m investments. It was all a bit embarrassing.

No one here in the middle east or in Newcastle seems to have any idea what is going on to be honest :lol: the things i have heard about the guy and his company are promising but the middle east sources are taking the news from Newcastle and the Newcastle sources are taking the news from the Middle East so..

A lot of the local journos scepticism is based on prior failed takeovers. Which is fine, but based on nothing factual about this specific potential takeover. Yet they pad out a whole article out of it.

Still got a really bad feeling about this guy. Nothing can be worse than Ashley (NOTHING), but a dodgy Sheik wouldn't be that much of an improvement... Like we say in Spain "bread for today, hunger for tomorrow".

:lol: We've been using the soles of trainers as bread for our shit sandwiches for a decade now. You're saying we're gonna get real bread?!

A lot of the local journos scepticism is based on prior failed takeovers. Which is fine, but based on nothing factual about this specific potential takeover. Yet they pad out a whole article out of it.

Only 3 statements matter:

Sun journo breaking it.

Bin Zayed stating they’d agreed a price.

Club officially confirming bin Zayed statement.

Nothing else during or after those statements mean fuck all, yet a lot of money has been made off the back of it.

Sun journo breaking it.

Nothing else during or after those statements mean fuck all, yet a lot of money has been made off the back of it.

Spot on

"breaks journalistic code" :lol:

You work for a company that used to be part of an organisation that was happy to hack the phones of dead kids, yet revealing your sources and adding to credence to your claims is breaking journalistic code. Get t' fuck.

You work for a company that used to be part of an organisation that was happy to hack the phones of dead kids, yet revealing your sources and adding to credence to your claims is breaking journalistic code. Get t' fuck.

You can’t reveal sources though. No one would ever talk to them off the record again.

What do you think would happen to journalism if they were revealing their sources left right and centre?  :lol:

Sun journo breaking it.

I think this succinctly sums it up. Anything else up to this point is meaningless with regards to the actual takeover, although I do understand people wanting to know more.

Personally I just want them to come out now, or preferably earlier, and say it's truly and absolutely done and the fat man is gone.

But, we only have these 3 statements regarding selling the club that mean anything and I'm hanging a lot of my hope on that.

Sun journo breaking it.

Spot on

Can I pinch this?

Enjoying Steve Wraith having a teenager-esque meltdown over this. He's absolutely f***ing desperate.

I think he’s trying to suggest to Pete Graves that he too has contacts in the Middle East and they are suggesting to him that the takeover is fake.

Didn’t realise the Kray’s had a UAE connection.