Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Does Ashley want Kenyon so he can still pull the strings and get free advertising ?

Probably. Would make sense why Ashley would prefer to sell to him.

Kenyon having to scrape money together from his mates doesn’t sound like a great prospect. He won’t give a crap about the club either.

BZG or bust for me if it’s out of those two groups.

BZG wouldn’t have gone this far if this was going to be the end result. They’ve spent a lot on this deal up to this point.

I think they just don’t want Rafa as manager or they would have intervened.

Great logic. I wouldnt have bought that ice cream either if I had known the end result was me dropping it on the street.

What I mean is there are legal obligations on the seller too.

You can’t just get companies to invest hundreds of thousands trying to complete a deal when you have no intention to sell. It’s fraud in a sense, although I am sure there is a precise term for it.

I’m still dealing in facts and not speculation. The facts are that BZG have said the deal is done and will be completed.

Everything since is speculative.

you really are naieve.  a deal can be pulled by either side legally until it is done. Mike is playing them and you like a fiddle.

BZG wouldn’t have gone this far if this was going to be the end result. They’ve spent a lot on this deal up to this point.

Fuck me man  :lol: wake up. Seriously. For your own good.

I've said from the start. The club simply isn't for sale. He doesn't want to sell it. If someone comes in with what would be considered an acceptable offer then the goalposts are shifted into a position to make a sale impossible. There's no way this club has been for sale for over a Decade and failed to find a buyer. It's potentially one of the biggest and most profitable in the country with all the foundations already in place. I've no doubt that this Bin Zayed group are serious buyers but I've also got no doubt that Mike Ashley is not serious about selling.

Checkmate.

Nail on head. Someone tell Odin and Godzilla as they still think we will have new owners next week  :lol:

There never was a Takeover and there won't be anytime soon. Ashley is going nowhere

Are you this much of a twat in real life?

All this Ashley is an evil genius with fake takeovers stuff, in my opinion is not the case.

He is just a fat greedy scumbag. It doesn’t look like he’s fussed either way about selling the club. So he’s in a no lose situation as he sees it. Drag the takeover on trying to squeeze more money or changing the instalments is the most popular theory. In doing this the vindictive weasel then, probably out of spite because of the nasty things some fans say about poor little Mikey, seriously hinders the clubs transfer activity regardless of who the owners are. Also Rafa leaves.... enough said.

Or, as most probable, he ends up messing prospective buyers about so much they withdraw from negotiations. More than likely not long before the transfer window shuts. Leaving us with no manager and no new players. Ashley (or rather his cronies on Sky etc) then trawls out the usual “time wasters cost us” line that sadly, it seems a lot of our fans (customers) will buy.

Guest godzilla

Why don't people just wait until next week and see what OFFICIALLY comes out as nothing has so far. Pointless pointing fingers calling people naive or foolish until something officially is released. We can all have vast diverging opinions on what is happening, but until it all comes out officially, that's all they are personal opinions.

Why don't people just wait until next week and see what OFFICIALLY comes out as nothing has so far. Pointless pointing fingers calling people naive or foolish until something officially is released. We can all have vast diverging opinions on what is happening, but until it all comes out officially, that's all they are personal opinions.

the club have OFFICIALLY announced rafa has left.

Guest godzilla

and what relevance has that got to do with the takeover, none whatsoever

the group wanting to takeover insisted he stayed so that is wrong too.

Well it has, as the club have just lost a fuckin load of it's worth/attractiveness in Rafa.

Guest godzilla

the group wanting to takeover insisted he stayed so that is wrong too.

No they didn't don't lie they never said one word on Benitez

With it being announced that Rafa is departing the deal is either 100% done (as in all buttoned up and only waiting on the announcement) or the deal is completely off.

A corporate takeover (of any description) does not survive if a key person departs mid-takeover, especially when the value of the organisation is largely driven by the contributions of that key person.  No one could deny that the valuation of £350M is largely based on what Rafa has achieved over the past 3 years; if the club had not remained in the Premier League for the coming season the club's value could have been as much as halved.  With Rafa departing and no clear management or squad future no one would value the club at £350M, given the prospect of being relegated yet again.

Guest godzilla

Well it has, as the club have just lost a fuckin load of it's worth/attractiveness in Rafa.

They might not want Rafa we don't know that, if they do they will renegotiate directly with him. They are in to buy the club not a person so again I say it has no relevance on the takeover

They might not want Rafa we don't know that, if they do they will renegotiate directly with him. They are in to buy the club not a person so again I say it has no relevance on the takeover

'They might not want Rafa' .... But didn't you just say go off what's been said OFFICIALLY?

They haven't said OFFICIALLY they want him.

All that has been said officially is that Rafa is going, and the fact is....that reduces NUFC's current worth, a lot.  If you can't see how this affects the takeover then fair enough.

Does Ashley want Kenyon so he can still pull the strings and get free advertising ?

It's my opinion that he prefers the Kenyon deal as the Sheikh would want full control, probably cash only in staged payments.

Kenyon would cede more control for more flexibility around payment stages etc in return for merch/sponsorship deals being ceded to Ashley's interests.

I strongly believe a Kenyon takeover would be a disaster.

Not that there'll be a takeover now imho.

Guest godzilla

'They might not want Rafa' .... But didn't you just say go off what's been said OFFICIALLY?

They haven't said OFFICIALLY they want him.

All that has been said officially is that Rafa is going, and the fact is....that reduces NUFC's current worth, a lot.  If you can't see how this affects the takeover then fair enough.

So where has anything on the takeover been said officially? This is why I said this in the takeover thread and not the Rafa thread, as it's relating to the takeover. They might not want him and they might, if they don't then how does it take away the value of the club? If they do they will then renegotiate WHEN they do the takeover as they can't until. Has no bearing whatsoever on the purchase of the club. Wait until something official comes out about the takeover.

A buyer is in a better negotiating position without Benitez there.

Firstly that's not the way Mike Ashley works.

And secondly, IF the seller would be in a worse position without Rafa here it's probably a strong indicator that he's not selling.

A buyer is in a better negotiating position without Benitez there.

In a dream scenario then BZG have agreed a contract with Rafa should they purchase the club. Rafa not signing a contract puts pressure on MA to agree the sale. We all live happily in the ever after...

You said they'd offered him a contract of sorts though?