Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

To be honest, I'm sure there is interest in buying the club - I don't buy into the idea that it's all a work of fiction written by Bishop. It's all irrelevant though as Ashley clearly isn't wanting to sell.

This.

To be honest, I'm sure there is interest in buying the club - I don't buy into the idea that it's all a work of fiction written by Bishop. It's all irrelevant though as Ashley clearly isn't wanting to sell.

Definitely agree with this. Staveley has been trying for a while though. Would she really be wasting hers and the investors' time if she knew Ashley wasn't a willing seller? Maybe previous attempts have tried to get the fat cunt to lower his asking price knowing how much he's hated by the fanbase and now they've gone out to get bigger money players who can actually pay what he's asking?

I don't understand why the cunt can't just sell us and buy another club to start again. He's been done here for years, there's no forgiving or going back.

What do you mean by 'done'? There's no failure here as far as he's concerned, you wouldn't have thought? He's pretty secure right now, too, with no realistic danger of relegation.

So, IF a takeover happened and Staveley was involved, would there be any chance of a return for Rafa? Or do we think they'd make a complete clean break and bring in someone new? Surely they wouldn't keep Mrs Doubtfire?

... in my head I know this is 99% a moot point due to the usual fakery of any takeover news but I'm just passing the time.

So, IF a takeover happened and Staveley was involved, would there be any chance of a return for Rafa? Or do we think they'd make a complete clean break and bring in someone new? Surely they wouldn't keep Mrs Doubtfire?

... in my head I know this is 99% a moot point due to the usual fakery of any takeover news but I'm just passing the time.

Imagine the fume if we replaced Bruce with Rafa. There'd probably be a mass boycott.

Guest The Little Waster

Dude , let it go ...

Imagine the fume if we replaced Bruce with Rafa. There'd probably be a mass boycott.

:thup:

Would show Rafa's true colours and how definitely moved to China for the money. He'd only be coming back here for the same. Unlike Bruce who came home for his love of the club and area. He's a Geordie you know.

I think the main problem is Mike Ashley half wants to sell the club but at the same time doesn’t know what it’s worth. Doesn’t want to run the club in a way to gain maximum value so he’s stuck in this place where he has an asset that’s not worth half of what it could be

350m seems to have been a figure dropped in the media several times. But that seems low to me. The playing squad is worth half that.

We have been here before a million times with Ashley and nothing comes from it. Leaks are never good news not because Ashley is upset its out in the open, but because it usually means either the buyer or seller are not happy with a part of the deal.

Ashley admitted in his interview with Martin Samuel last summer that he likes to move the goalposts in these type of deals and that's probably were things are at in negotiations. When this latest takeover inevitably collapse, Ashley will blame them for being time wasters or not having a pot to p*ss in and the media will lap it up like they have the last few times.

I think the main problem is Mike Ashley half wants to sell the club but at the same time doesn’t know what it’s worth. Doesn’t want to run the club in a way to gain maximum value so he’s stuck in this place where he has an asset that’s not worth half of what it could be

350m seems to have been a figure dropped in the media several times. But that seems low to me. The playing squad is worth half that.

Absolutely this, I am convinced the problem is that Ashley actually wants a lot lot more for the club and people trying to buy the club assume he is acting in good faith and that the £350m is accurate. Ashley is hoping once someone is interested they will pay an extra £50m at least and or accept some ludicrous deal to keep giving him some of the marketing or whatever. The buyers get so far with promises that they're nearly at agreement then the price starts going up and up and they realise Ashley was leading them on.

There's definitely interest but as soon as it starts playing out of media it can be dismissed. If/when it'll happen it'll come out of nowhere. We'll not get 5 things we learned about Saudia Arabia or updates on how Ashley is angry over the news leaking. It'll be simple update on the website about the club's ownership.

It's obviously clear this leak hasn't come from Ashley/Bishop, just like all the others.

The issue has never been interest in the club. The interest is there. It's the unwilling seller that has stopped it from happening.

Absolutely this, I am convinced the problem is that Ashley actually wants a lot lot more for the club and people trying to buy the club assume he is acting in good faith and that the £350m is accurate. Ashley is hoping once someone is interested they will pay an extra £50m at least and or accept some ludicrous deal to keep giving him some of the marketing or whatever. The buyers get so far with promises that they're nearly at agreement then the price starts going up and up and they realise Ashley was leading them on.

During each takeover story we hear Ashley only wants to sell to someone who has lots of money to take the club forward. I think what this means is that he wants Sports Direct to still have some presence at Newcastle and he wants to leech on another owner's success. I imagine this pisses off buyers more than anything.

It's obviously clear this leak hasn't come from Ashley/Bishop, just like all the others.

The issue has never been interest in the club. The interest is there. It's the unwilling seller that has stopped it from happening.

If we're all agreed that there's nowt in this, then surely we're all agreed that the club's PR team have a role to play in its leak? We know they've got a penchant for deception and misleading; fakeover stories are a tried and tested part of the overall marketing strategy. They distract, they quell and - most importantly - they dupe customers into keeping their faith and making purchases.

Ashley knows he's hated. In the context of his role at NUFC, it's basically his USP, so it makes good business sense to exploit that fact and use it to his advantage.

I looks like the interest is genuine but they will have to crowbar the club away from Ashley, he'll probably try to sell them the land he stole off us for £100 million