Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Could Ashley fiddle the wages and pay himself ? Eg. Say in the accounts he's paying £110 million but in reality only be forking out £60 million and pocket the rest ? 

31 minutes ago, gdm said:

god bless the premier league for looking out for us

In 19/20 we bought Joelinton and ASM. Plenty of stick to best Ashley with without making stuff up. 

2 hours ago, gdm said:

god bless the premier league for looking out for us

Approx £150m on wages and about £80m on player amortisation (iirc). 

Edited by Hhtoon

How has Ashley been able to sustain running the club on the shoestring and the club not collapsing? Genuine question.

A loyal fan base willing to cough up? That he spends only when in the absolute shit and stopping a Mackem-esque collapse? 

7 minutes ago, toon25 said:

How has Ashley been able to sustain running the club on the shoestring and the club not collapsing? Genuine question.

A loyal fan base willing to cough up? That he spends only when in the absolute shit and stopping a Mackem-esque collapse? 

He’s got lucky. We should have went down more than twice and he’s lucky we came straight back up both times 

16 hours ago, toon25 said:

Record TV deals being replaced by even bigger Record TV deals as they expire combined with Rafa and Chris Hughton bailing us out the two times his gambles backfired and we got relegated.  I think both the club and him would've been in trouble if we didn't bounce back first time asking.

17 hours ago, Hhtoon said:

Approx £150m on wages and about £80m on player amortisation (iirc). 

Amortisation is only a paper loss though, isn't it?  If I have £100 in cash and my car depreciates £50, I still have £100 in cash.

13 minutes ago, sempuki said:

My dad who has been going for over 60 years cancelled his season ticket today. It will be interesting to see how many gaps there are next week.

Amazingly there are still people excited about going to see a friendly v Norwich on Saturday 

Guest HTT II
10 minutes ago, midds said:

Probably the novelty of actually being able to see a game live at a lowish price will entice a few idiots. Let's see if they're still smiling at HT.

And seeing another decent team live…