Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Saudi’s are terrible, however this country voted in politicians who sell them the weapons to kill those people.

Plenty of people still go to Primark who use child sweatshops to make their goods because it’s cheaper than elsewhere.

The Chinese have a terrible human rights record, yet students flock their for holidays, and gaps years.

The point is we can escape the shit regime’s do, the products we buy, services we get etc will mostly have ties to someone or something that we totally disagree with.

If they bought us then going to a game doesn’t mean you justify what other actions they do. If I buy from H&M it doesn’t mean I justify or support kids working 18 hour days in factories making it. If I buy a cup of coffee it doesn’t mean that I justify slaves picking coffee beans.

Thing is, and you might not like it, but when you buy from those places you very literally DO support kids working 18 hour days in factories and slaves picking coffee beans. That's exactly what you do by patronising those places.

You might do it with regret. You might pretend it's not happening. You might hate that they do the bad things they do. But you support them continuing to do those things nonetheless.

I think the word you should have used was that it doesn't mean you agree with them. But you quite definitely support them. You're just putting yourself ahead of others, like the vast majority of us do - myself included - because we're too weak, poor, lazy and selfish (in different percentages for each of us) to do anything else.

The Reubens own Newcastle Racecourse too.

The story in the Chronicle says David Reubens son, Jamie Reuben, is set for an executive role at Newcastle.

He is currantly a board member of QPR though.

Also at QPR as a DOF is Les Ferdinand.

Les Ferdinand was recomending Bentaleb to join Newcastle.

Just saying...🤷‍♂️

Why would the Saudis even need any other investors and why would they nee Staveley’s help to approach Mike.

Smells like bullshit again

Simple thing is, it’s not them buying us outright. They are part of a consortium who Staveley has put together, that is all. They will have been told the potential costs and potential returns.

The biggest backers will probably have a right to buy the club off Staveley later down the line if they wish to increase their investment.

Why not just buy us outright now? They could afford it is my point.

With FFP they can’t do a Man City and just spunk loads of money into us.

Getting into a consortium could mean that they get a glimpse of how the club be and how sustained investment can make us grow. If that growth isn’t enough for them they could easily sell their share, if it is enough, then they could easily increase their share.

Also, they may not actually want to buy a club outright.

Saudi’s are terrible, however this country voted in politicians who sell them the weapons to kill those people.

Plenty of people still go to Primark who use child sweatshops to make their goods because it’s cheaper than elsewhere.

The Chinese have a terrible human rights record, yet students flock their for holidays, and gaps years.

The point is we can escape the shit regime’s do, the products we buy, services we get etc will mostly have ties to someone or something that we totally disagree with.

If they bought us then going to a game doesn’t mean you justify what other actions they do. If I buy from H&M it doesn’t mean I justify or support kids working 18 hour days in factories making it. If I buy a cup of coffee it doesn’t mean that I justify slaves picking coffee beans.

Thing is, and you might not like it, but when you buy from those places you very literally DO support kids working 18 hour days in factories and slaves picking coffee beans. That's exactly what you do by patronising those places.

You might do it with regret. You might pretend it's not happening. You might hate that they do the bad things they do. But you support them continuing to do those things nonetheless.

I think the word you should have used was that it doesn't mean you agree with them. But you quite definitely support them. You're just putting yourself ahead of others, like the vast majority of us do - myself included - because we're too weak, poor, lazy and selfish (in different percentages for each of us) to do anything else.

It would be impossible for people to fully look into which company is doing what on a level for people to exclude any company as somewhere they shop.

😀@everycunt who thinks the club is for sale.

For the record , i would take the oystons over ashley every day of the week.

The main priority for anybody who cares for nufc ar this time , should be to remove this owner at any cost.

Once he has gone, then we can focus on the next whoever they may be.

He simply has to go

Why would the Saudis even need any other investors and why would they nee Staveley’s help to approach Mike.

Smells like bullshit again

Simple thing is, it’s not them buying us outright. They are part of a consortium who Staveley has put together, that is all. They will have been told the potential costs and potential returns.

The biggest backers will probably have a right to buy the club off Staveley later down the line if they wish to increase their investment.

Why not just buy us outright now? They could afford it is my point.

Assume the UK based partners (Reuben and Stavely) will provide some of the footballing and other local day to day stuff and in turn want a piece of the pie to have a stake, board seat etc. the saudis will have the majority stake and most control.

Odear[/member]

Can we get some false hope please?

Not this time. It’s likely bullshit now that it’s leaked. BZG were as close as it’s ever gotten and with hindsight they weren’t, so..

If this was a takeover thread I'd say just lock it. Lock it and throw away the key.

You'll not be saying that when your sitting in New St James park with another 80,000 people ontop of Eldon Square

It would be impossible for people to fully look into which company is doing what on a level for people to exclude any company as somewhere they shop.

It would be impractical, not impossible.

Plus, whilst I could grant people unknowingly buying from a company who do shady things, you were explicitly talking about people shopping at places Primark. You can't play the 'oh I never knew' card on those transactions. :lol:

I get that not everyone can invest time and effort into checking everything, but if you knowingly shop at shit places or don't even do the most basic of checkpoint because you'd rather live in ignorance and pretend you could never have possibly spent 30 seconds googling a company's ethics, then you're supporting what they do.

And as I say, I'm as guilty as most in that regard. Some places I do avoid because their just too blatantly awful, and I look for ethically reared, free range meat and eggs, but I could do a hell of a lot more. And where I don't do enough, I'm supporting those bad practices. We all are.

The truth of the matter is that any decent sized club in the PL now can only be afforded by a billionaire and you'll be hard pressed to find one that hasn't trodden on the working class to get where they are in some shape or form. Can't say I'm ok with any of the atrocities committed by these guys but I'd still give my left nut to have them over Ashley any day of the week. It's purely selfish but if that's what it takes :thup:

In fact , after reading a little about this takeover shite ,the setting up of companys etc. It is another long term rumour.

i have concluded it is a ruse to sell season tickets rather than no transfers this time.

I fully expect this to drag on to synchranise with a new 10yr deal at some point between now and the inevitable failure to agree in the summer .

I could make this in a minute :lol:

:D

LOL, he’s had a go at Google Slides. Also, this purchase flow makes zero sense. :lol:

Why can’t we have some semblance of normalcy at this fucking club?

It makes perfect sense tbh. That obviously hasn't come from the mind of anyone at TalkSport.