Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

A takeover story is digital gold for the football media sites. Of course they’re going to get carried away with it.

Wouldn’t actually surprise me if one of those goons started the rumour to begin with.

I don't know how you dare tbh.  [emoji38]

Aye [emoji38] utter gobshite.

Express reckons Ashley is in Saudi - i Imagine it will be guesswork like the rest.

Can’t find this story anywhere.

www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1233584/Newcastle-news-takeover-Saudi-Arabia-Mike-Ashley-Amanda-Staveley-340-million/amp

Think he's got his wires crossed

A takeover story is digital gold for the football media sites. Of course they’re going to get carried away with it.

Wouldn’t actually surprise me if one of those goons started the rumour to begin with.

Talking of goons and rumours...

Express reckons Ashley is in Saudi - i Imagine it will be guesswork like the rest.

www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1233584/Newcastle-news-takeover-Saudi-Arabia-Mike-Ashley-Amanda-Staveley-340-million/amp

It doesn't say he's in Saudi...

It doesn't say he's in Saudi...

Right, we can tick "misunderstood press article" off this month's Bollocks Takeover bingo card, we're rattling through these.  Full house by Tuesday.

The Public Investment Fund (PIF) is the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia. It is among the largest sovereign wealth funds in the world with total estimated assets of $320 billion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Investment_Fund_of_Saudi_Arabia

Why would they need partners to complete a £350m purchase of NUFC? No doubt they'll drop out when Mike Ashley raises the asking price by £10m even though they probably make that much money in 10 minutes from oil.

The Public Investment Fund (PIF) is the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia. It is among the largest sovereign wealth funds in the world with total estimated assets of $320 billion.

Why would they need partners to complete a £350m purchase of NUFC? No doubt they'll drop out when Mike Ashley raises the asking price by £10m even though they probably make that much money in 10 minutes from oil.

Yep doesn’t stack up for me. It’s clearly bollocks.

Some are saying they need people in the UK to set up companies and stuff but I refuse to believe they couldn’t get one of their own people to do it for them here without involving the likes of Staveley and the Reuben brothers.

Yep doesn’t stack up for me. It’s clearly bollocks.

Some are saying they need people in the UK to set up companies and stuff but I refuse to believe they couldn’t get one of their own people to do it for them here without involving the likes of Staveley and the Reuben brothers.

Guardian one sort of answers that. She approached them and wants a stake, they want her to be the public face which sort of makes sense if they're trying to improve the image of the country.

The Times is saying Big Mike is furious that the story was leaked by the WSJ and that could lead to the whole deal collapsing. My reading of that is he is the one who probably leaked the story.

The Times is saying Big Mike is furious that the story was leaked by the WSJ and that could lead to the whole deal collapsing. My reading of that is he is the one who probably leaked the story.

This wouldn't surprise me at all. He doesn't want to relinquish ownership in my opinion.

Plus the last takeover was 'definitely happening' as well. I won't be getting excited.