Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Ive managed to switch off and pay no attention to the club lately just seen this.

Anyone fancy giving a quick summary of what the fuck is going on?

Does it seem like another pretend sale? Or does it actually look real this time?

Looks plausible atm, my subjective reason for thinking this being:

- Someone on here said half a season ago that they'd heard from someone close to the club that a sale to an Arab buyer was likely/agreed in principle if NUFC remained within the PL.

- Mike Ashley has taken a huge hit on Debenhams, he's having problems with landlords who aren't taking his shit re: House of Fraser, SD shares have absolutely tanked compared to 5 years ago, he's sold and leased back SD's home to inject capital into the business. Looks like he has alot on financially and selling NUFC would free up cash and time for him to focus on his main love which is retailing tat to charvers.

- The Sheikh who has allegedly bought us tried to buy Liverpool last summer for £2bn. For £350m and with serious investment NUFC makes total sense - decent stadium, huge fanbase, large catchment area, world class manager already in charge. How much money would it even take to catch up to a team like Spurs or Arsenal? Certainly a hell of a lot less than £1.65bn (the difference between buying us and buying Liverpool), especially with Rafa in charge.

- On the Rafa contract front things have been are eerily quiet, unusually so. We know for a fact Rafa has been meeting with Ashley for a few days so to not hear anything is strange. This is Mike Ashley, if he wanted rid of Rafa he'd be giving him the cold shoulder and would not bother speaking to him let alone meeting with him.

- Rafa not saying anything when normally he'd be laying his cards out on the table in the media to put pressure on a Board - it indicates something is up...almost like the club is on the verge of being sold and there's NDAs in place meaning Rafa has to keep stum.

- Yesterday the Sun claimed NUFC had already been sold.

- Yesterday a host of one of the Middle East sports channels, someone with supposed links to the Emirati royal family, tweeted that the sale has been agreed.

All makes sense. Obviously could all be nothing too.

Thanks for the info, would be amazing if this were true. However I've just seen the reports suggesting this is a ploy to up the price/put pressure on potential buyers. Seems classic Ashley tactics so I'm switching off. Can't be bothered getting my hopes up.

Don't remember any reports of a deal being done during the Staveley saga. There were bids, but it was never happening.

Aye. This is why this feels different. It’s never even come close to being ‘done’ before

Statement from Zayed group, via the S*n.

"It reads: “In response to numerous reports in the world media this morning, we would like to comment as follows.

“We can confirm the representatives of his Highness Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan are in discussions with Mike Ashley and his team about the proposed acquisition of Newcastle United Football Club.

“We view it as an honour to have the opportunity to build on the strong support, history and tradition of the club.

“We have agreed terms and are working hard to complete the transaction at the earliest opportunity"

This is doing my brain in! I think the best thing I can do is take a couple of bottles of brandy and hid under the stairs with the lights off. Please can someone wake me up when something (anything!) has happened? Until then, me being in the dark and being pissed, is about the same as the rest of you guys!

Luke Edwards now saying that the club is on the verge of being sold... wish these cunts would make up their minds.

That doesn't sound like he's changed tune :lol:

From that and his article, the bullshit stuff is from someone else looking to buy the club isn't it ?