Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

If I was a multi billionaire coming in, I’d arrange a ground share for a season or two. And demolish the stadium and start again. The site is perfect.

Really ?  Surely that would instantly get every fan hating you.

Would it? If you knew an instant classic of a stadium wound be built, 80,000 capacity. You’d seen the plans etc. Would you not put up with ground sharing with the smoggies for a year?

It obviously wouldn’t happen straight away. Takes a year or two to get planning permission at least.

I believe it would, yes.

A club loses so much of it's identity when it moves to a new stadium and i'd rather we tried to achieve success in the current SJP.

Of course I'd never balk at any success but it would be ever so slightly tainted for me if it didn't happen inside the current SJP.

I accept I am old fashioned and am a bit traditional.

No I see where you’re coming from. And hypothetically, if someone came in with enough money for a new stadium, I’m fairly sure the team would have enough investment to win something before any new ground would be built.

And I agree about moving to a new ground, this would still be SJP, it would have to be on the same site as the existing one.

Moving the stadium anywhere else would kill the city in terms of business lost.

Might be wrong but I’m sure I read a while back you can spend as much as you like on facilities including ground and it doesn’t impact ffp. Hopefully we will see some investment in to that side as well if this ever happens,

Might be wrong but I’m sure I read a while back you can spend as much as you like on facilities including ground and it doesn’t impact ffp. Hopefully we will see some investment in to that side as well if this ever happens,

Correct. Money spent on stadiums, training facilities, youth development or community projects is exempt from FFP calculations.

Correct. Money spent on stadiums, training facilities, youth development or community projects is exempt from FFP calculations.

If these guys are serious then it’s a source of steady income they’ve got to look at. New owner with ambition and a bigger ground is needed. Still though, I’d want it to remain where it is at all costs.

It’s half 10, where’s all the Sunday rag ‘Exclusives’? They’re normally out bang on that time.

They can't cope with having to report on the overwhelming information flowing from the club and the takeover situation.

Loves a thumbs up. Shows that LondonMag and Odin weren't bullshitting.

Hes only really confirming that they still are in the process of trying to buy the club.

Guest The Little Waster

Yeah, it could never be moved out of town, you’d have to find a site within walking distance at the very least.

Shouldve gone ahead with SJH plan from years ago ...

Yeah, it could never be moved out of town, you’d have to find a site within walking distance at the very least.

Yep. Should’ve forced it through despite some of the protests which were ill informed. The end result would’ve been more green belt land.

Yep. Should’ve forced it through despite some of the protests which were ill informed. The end result would’ve been more green belt land.

Absolutely this. I think the wrong decision was made once the plans were turned down, mind. The club should have put the ground expansion on the back-burner and ploughed all their resources into strengthening the team. I'm convinced we would have won trophies with that mindset, creating greater funds which could have then been spent on moving over the road to the site of the Brewery which was closed around this time.

So is anyone feeling better about the takeover now? I still have my reservations that it will be done by end of month but it will be done and that’s the main thing as far as I’m concerned.

So is anyone feeling better about the takeover now? I still have my reservations that it will be done by end of month but it will be done and that’s the main thing as far as I’m concerned.

Literally nothing has changed :lol: